Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

LAGO MD80 1.50 patch released

Go and get it on the LAGO website

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I'm not seeing a patch - I'm seeing a download for a new version 1.50 of the plane. where is the patch? (presumably a patch "patching" the plane from 1.42 to 1.50.ricardo

What is the general concensus on this product? It looks interesting enough? A good MD-80 would accompany the PMDG 737 quite well.Kevin

It's a full version download, v1.50

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It could be great Kevin but Lago is showing almost zero support for the product (read the forums over there). It's a great add-on much like CaptainSim's 707 but needs to be finished (just like the 707 but at least we now have a patch for the MadDog or maybe a model update). I like it and in the condition it is now all I would want is more liveries for the VC version. Another thing to note is you don't want to fly the Lago MD80 at night because the VC has zero gauge back lighting and a dim dome light. Give me an updated Delta livery and I'm good for day flights. The sounds are great, the FDE is great, and the VC looks good (in the day time plus or minus a couple of tiny holes). This add-on has an FMC that works so there's no problems there. I'm heading over to Lago to see what's been fixed and addressed. Last I heard Lago was ditching their model for JetCity's (I believe that's the developer). A new JCA VC model was supposed to be in the works opening up the door to many more of JCA

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Per the website, the patch won't be available until tomorrow.Kevin, you will hear widely varying opinions regarding the quality of the product. Some individuals have gone on a ####-bent Lago bashing campaign...while others, myself included, have no problem with the product at all.There were still bugs present in v1.42, though none of which compromised the flyability of the airplane. My biggest compaint was the small size of the PFD/ND's bitmap graphics. It appears that with the v1.5 patch, we are finally getting smooth GDI+ gauges for the PFD/ND. I think that the effort put into the complete reprogramming of the primary instruments demonstrates that the developer has always been committed to the Maddog. Unfortunately, that commitment is not present from the publisher, and there is little support to be had from the Lago forums. Some people cannot overlook that fact. Personally, it doesn't bother me.In my opinion, save for the Lago customer support issue, the Maddog is a top notch product. It has progressed steadily since release, and I have high expectations for v1.5. If you want a complex and accurate represention of an EFIS equipped MD-80 series, then I highly recommend it. If you don't like reading manuals, or using checklists to accomplish the correct procedures, then its not for you.Best Regards,NickEdited for spelling...

>What is the general concensus on this product? It looks>interesting enough? A good MD-80 would accompany the PMDG 737>quite well.>>KevinThe plane works well enough, but it requires thorough study of the handbook. Even after the patches, there are still quirks left, for example, I've never managed to load a flightplan from FS9 into the FMC. Importing SIDs and STARs also doesn't work all that well. Loadmanager continues to be buggy. Unfortunately, Lago never bothered to produce a tutorial flight for the plane, however there is one available in English, unfortunately a very bad translation from an Italian tutorial. So, you basically have to "muddle through." There is one kink, though. The plane comes with two models:1) A model made by Lago which includes a virtual cockpit. The quality of the external model here is crap. 2) The excellent visual models from http://www.jetcityaircraft.comThe catch is that the superior visuals from JCA do not come with a virtual cockpit. Lago promised a merge of their vc with JCA's models but that afaik hasn't happened yet. You can buy additional JCA liveries on their website and merge them with the Lago panel, but you must patch the plane to version 1.42 to do so. ricardo

>Per the website, the patch won't be available until>tomorrow.>It is already avaialble, in fact is was yesterday.

Hey Ricardo, not to get off the subject, I just happened to read this thread and noticed your signature. Man, your new rig sounds like lightning!!! You must get the best FPS and smooth graphics around. Anyway, back to the subject, I have been wanting an MD80 to add to my collection, but I think I will wait to see what develops with the newest patch. Sounds promising though. Best regards, Jeff

Guest panda234

yeah, nice rig. Someday us eyeties will be there for you. Until then, good for you, darling.billg

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>It is already avaialble, in fact is was yesterday.Well, when I go to the website, it only offers a v1.5 full install....not a patch. The website specifically says it will be available on the 25th of October, thats later today...

Guest Adverse Yawn

>>Some individuals have gone on a ####-bent Lago bashing campaignAfter purchasing the half-baked Twotter some time ago I simpathise. Their reaction to my annoyance didn't help so I personally (no intention to speak for anybody else nor advise anybody else) wouldn't touch Lago with a barge pole.With the exception of the FeelThere ERJ, so far only Flight1/Dreamfleet have given me that good decision feeling.

all sliders maxed, add on traffic and flying in the VC with real weather will bring any system to its knees.

Guest jeffg

Lago now says the patch will be out by the end of the week and here we go again. JeffG