Could I have some honest opinions on this screen please

http://orwww2.benq.com/product/monitor/BL2711U/specifications/

I am currently using GTX970 with a view to GTX 980TI or 1080 in the future.

I know its 4K but I would be planning to reduce to 3840x1440 if it will let me in the meantime.

Need a new screen and sort of future proofing.

Thoughts please.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

http://orwww2.benq.com/product/monitor/BL2711U/specifications/

I am currently using GTX970 with a view to GTX 980TI or 1080 in the future.

I know its 4K but I would be planning to reduce to 3840x1440 if it will let me in the meantime.

Need a new screen and sort of future proofing.

Thoughts please.

S

I would suggest you look at moving to a larger 4K TV instead to save some money and if you have the room.  I just moved from a 27" 1080p monitor to 40" Samsung 4K TV using a 970 and the difference is night and day.  Even on a 40" screen, I have my DPI set to 150% in order to see icons and read text.  I can't imagine having that resolution shrunk down to a 27" inch display as I would think it would be way to difficult to read.  As for the GTX 970, it drives the 4K just fine, my only problem now in moving to that resolution is my CPU is now overheating when playing Fallout 4.  To fix that I'm going to try some good thermal paste first and if the problem still occurs then I guess its time to add water cooling to my rig.  

Thanks but I've never used a telly for simming therefore I would need to see a demonstration from someone locally first.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

EiFrkyr.jpg

s1xUwba.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my rig.  I included on showing the desktop with and one from my flight sim.  To the right you can see my tiny 17" laptop screen.

The only disadvantage to a TV vs monitor I see is that it won't auto turn on/off with the PC and the response rates are supposedly slower for which I don't even notice.

Have to agree on the TV.  I Just Moved to a 49inch Hitachi 4k Smart TV yesterday and am blown away with how good it is.  Turned off some of the AA settings as its not needed.  Bear in mind this photo is from my phone (Quality is ridiculously good in person)

IMG_1657_zpsc08lkvmv.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Hi S,

I have that monitor here, been using it for the past 6 weeks. I appreciate the 4k resolution. I would not go down to 1440 for vertical rez.

One feature that is quite useful is the preset video settings which I use according to the time of day (+- brightness, contrast etc..)

One other "hidden" feature is that you can drive P3D at 30hz with that monitor and that my friend is smoothness like you never saw before.

One opinion... :hi:

Pierre

I can't understand why you'd go 4K for a 27" monitor. At 40"+ it's probably worth the performance compromises you will undoubtedly have to make, but at 27" I doubt you could tell the difference from a 2560x1440 monitor.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro