Sign in to follow this  
marospy

nVidia Inspector cannot override FSX settings

Hello,

I have a bit of an issue with my FSX:SE and I hope someone can help me with it.

So basically I'm trying to override FSX:SE Filtering and Anti-Aliasing settings using nVidia Inspector as described here
http://www.avsim.com/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

However I'm not sure if the settings are being applied correctly or not. The reasons why I think the settings are being applied is because when I set the frame limiter to 30.5 it works.

But when I set the Anisotropic filtering using nVidia Inspector and turn it off in FSX there is no filtering happening.

Here is a picture of my nVidia Inspector settings
nvidia_set.jpg

and here is my FSX settings

fsx_set.jpg

and here is a picture from inside FSX

fsx_pic.jpg

It is clear than no kind of filtering was done, and to my understanding that FSX settings should be overwritten.

Hope some knows the solution to this.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like, in your picture of Nvidia Inspector, your setting for  Anisotropic Filtering Mode is "User Defined"

and set to the OFF position.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It looks like, in your picture of Nvidia Inspector, your setting for  Anisotropic Filtering Mode is "User Defined"

and set to the OFF position.

Ops , I took a picture for the wrong settings here are the FSX settings.

Capture.jpg

However, the setting for Anisotropic Filtering is actually correct, "User Defined / Off" to my understanding simply means override FSX settings.

Can you post your settings ?

The proper fsx setting for filtering is Triliniar in the fsx menu and the user defined and 16x as you have is correct in the NI menu.

You also want to uncheck anti aliasing in the fsx menu and set it up via the same as the link you posted.

I notice that your profile is for MS Flight simulator X.  I have the same version of Nvidia Inspector and that profile doesn't exist.  In mine I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 10.  Is it possible that you have two conflicting versions.  Also your Antialiasing -Mode and Antialiasing - Setting should not be Application Controlled. Set the moded to Override any application setting and pick the setting of your choice, I use 16xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 4x MS]

In FSX Antialiasing should be unchecked and filtering should be Trilinear.

Tom

The proper fsx setting for filtering is Triliniar in the fsx menu and the user defined and 16x as you have is correct in the NI menu.

You also want to uncheck anti aliasing in the fsx menu and set it up via the same as the link you posted.

Why does FSX has to be set to Trilinear if it will be overwritten anyways ?

Why does FSX has to be set to Trilinear if it will be overwritten anyways ?

I do not have the answer I am going by what NickN has said at simforums he writes the fsx bible. Some developers like MajesticSoftware recommend also to set Trilinear in the fsx menus they have said in their testing sometimes graphics bugs can occur with any other setting than Trilinear. The Nvidia Inspector overwrites this by using 16x AF.

I do not have the answer I am going by what NickN has said at simforums he writes the fsx bible. Some developers like MajesticSoftware recommend also to set Trilinear in the fsx menus they have said in their testing sometimes graphics bugs can occur with any other setting than Trilinear. The Nvidia Inspector overwrites this by using 16x AF.

I am quite sure NickN wrote somewhere It doesn't matter however his reasoning is that you will be able to detect if nVidia Inspector stopped working as you have low settings inside FSX.

Anyhow I solved my problem, some guy on reddit pointed that the new nVidia drivers are not compatible with FSX and nVidia Inspector, I gave it a try and rolled back my driver and it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Anyhow I solved my problem, some guy on reddit pointed that the new nVidia drivers are not compatible with FSX and nVidia Inspector,

I don't think that's true.  I'm using the 368.39 driver and all is well.

Tom

How do you point NI to FSX-SE version?

Please post procdure.

Thanks

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU