Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Will running the P3d "Repair option" restore original Shader Files?

Yuri,

Probably any useful info for you was lost when I manually copied the shader files from P3d into the PTA backup folder.

I am getting my downloads together to upgrade to v3.3.5 so this may be a good time to test again.

What I will do is this:

1) Restore backup from my current PTA install and clear the shaders.

2) Delete the items in the PTA backup folder

3) Do the P3D upgrade

4) Run PTA and see if the files end up in the backup folder.

Do this seem like a good troubleshooting path for you? Any changes or other steps you would like to see?

Do this seem like a good troubleshooting path for you? Any changes or other steps you would like to see?

Only clear shaders in step #1 looks redundant. Thank you, Henry!

Here is the log from the 1st run of PTA after the v3.3.5 upgrade. All looks proper. I manually checked the backup folder and all the correct shader files were there.

The only scenario that makes sense with my v3.3.3 install is that somehow the cloud.fx file was modified (or possibly corrupted) and PTA did not back it up on first run.

Appreciate all your help troubleshooting and sorry I couldn't get you more information. It looks like PTA is doing exactly what it should if the default/correct shaders are in place!

Prepar3D directory found at E:\Prepar3D v3\.
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\fs\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\.
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\fs\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.cfg.
Prepar3D cameras configuration file found at C:\Users\fs\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\cameras.cfg.
Preset F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\default.ini loaded.
Check shaders integrity...
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\General.fx has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
Backup of shader E:\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl has been copied to F:\Applications\Prepar3d Tweak Assistant\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl

Here is the log from the 1st run of PTA after the v3.3.5 upgrade.

Thanks for feedback!

On 6/25/2016 at 3:38 PM, Poppet said:

Hello 

By running a repair on the Prepar3D_Setup.exe it will restore all default files and folders.

The files you have posted are in the ShadersHLSL folder,  You could just Repair the Client   

Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Repair 

I had this problem and that fixed it for me.  Thank you.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.