Sign in to follow this  
vibunanthan

FO repeats "checked" indefinately especially during approach

hi, recently i have a very annoying, possibly a game breaking with the NGX reboot. the FO is repeating "checked" randomly during flight and espeically during approach and landing checklist phase. This makes it highly impossibly or stressful to complete the landing checklist on time since the FO does not listen to my commands rather is focused on saying "checked" continuously. i had to hard mute it a couple of times to stop the FO, but the problem resumes in a couple of seconds or with the next command/response. (when the FO says checked i do notice the FSX message bar displaying "Flare").

Any help/tips/advice/recommendation will be highly helpful :)

Thanks

The speech recognition system is probably detecting one of the FMA announcement calls... 

Remember even if you cough, or the system hears the FO talking, the system can still sometimes interpret that as one of the registered voice commands.

Check the Green Bar to see what the system is "detecting" when you hear 'check'.

Also, keep your mic away from your speakers a bit more.... Headsets work well as the mic can be close to your mouth.

during the "check" responses, the green message bar is showing "Flare". i have no idea where the flare sound is coming from that the FO is recognizing. 

That's an FMA announcement.

The system could be picking up any background sound and interpreting that.

Even a cough can somehow be interpreted as a word or phrase sometimes.

Are you using a headset?

Can you keep your mic a bit further away from your speakers?

Also try lowering the mic sensitivity a bit.