Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The global scenery generated in XPX.50b4 is totally, Orbx'ish...

This beta is incredible...can't get enough of it....

Eclipse_81.png

Never seen stock XPX look so good....and this is stock!

Eclipse_83.png

Car_C337_1.png

Car_C337_2.png

• Upvote 1

Looks great!  I'm going to wait for a couple more beta's before updating.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Yeah nice improvements. Shame I cant try the beta with the Steam version.

From EGFF to YSSY

Yeah nice improvements. Shame I cant try the beta with the Steam version.

Here then are some 'teaser' shots to whet you appetite!  

XPX.50(x) right now at Beta 4, is one truly incredible sim.  Laminar Research could honestly call this v11.0 if they wanted to...that much changed in all ways.  

YMML:  Melbourne, Australia , and with only medium rendering settings for roads, objects, and autogen!!!!

Car_C337_3.png

Car_C337_4.png

Car_C337_5.png

Car_C337_6.png

Car_C337_7.png

Car_C337_8.png

Car_C337_9.png

Looks great!  I'm going to wait for a couple more beta's before updating.

No reason to wait, Pug.  You are so MISSING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is crashing B4...and there is so much now available as assets, that I have had to run  with Trees/filled in, and Tons/Tons...rather than Tree-Hugger, Extreme/Extreme!  I'll have to wait for my GTX1070/80 with 8GB's of VRAM.  

You wouldn't even know this was a follower of XPX.45....nope...no visual connection, the leap and feature set is amazing!

Autogen is superb, believable, placements, global textures, are killer...mountains, deserts, lush, harsh,....you won't even recognize .45 in it....my personal opinion.  Update...no crashes...a few very minor bugs, but nothing to ruin your over-all exploration and enjoyment, in how XPX is morphing into one H*LL of a simulator....

Around Michigan, I thought easily, that it was Orbx Global down there.  Totally immersive, now.

Car_C337_10.png

Car_C337_11.png

Car_C337_12.png

Car_C337_13.png

Car_C337_14.png

Car_C337_15.png

Car_C337_19.png

Car_C337_20.png

Car_C337_21.png

Car_C337_22.png

Ses

a few very minor bugs

I hope that part of the "few minor bugs" that will be fixed is the trees popping up through buildings?

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I hope that part of the "few minor bugs" that will be fixed is the trees popping up through buildings?

...after all, still in Beta... :)

Still thinking about updating. How are the two new GA models (Baron and Kingair) with their respective manipulators working out? Any shots? 

I could be wrong, but I would hazard a guess that the pics in which those are visible have OSM / W2XP scenery active.

To be honest, it looks much like regular X-Plane to me. Not that I mind, because I already think quite highly of it, but nothing in the shots really screams 'new', just 'great'. :wink:

As for 'OrbX-ish' the fact that there's no generic residential textures with burnt in roads running at different angles than the actual roads makes me think XP has long ago surpassed generic FTX Global tiles. Since becoming a regular X-Plane user, I have a VERY hard time going back to what I used to think was quite nice FTX scenery.  In fact, although I still have FSX and P3D installed, I pretty much only use photoscenery in them.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I could be wrong, but I would hazard a guess that the pics in which those are visible have OSM / W2XP scenery active.

To be honest, it looks much like regular X-Plane to me.

I wanted to point that out, too, because the original post may be misleading. There is definitely W2XP scenery shown, not just default autogen. Also the mesh, the textures and the trees have been this way mostly since X-Plane 10.0.

As for 'OrbX-ish' the fact that there's no generic residential textures with burnt in roads running at different angles than the actual roads makes me think XP has long ago surpassed generic FTX Global tiles.

Sometimes, on slower PCs with lower autogen settings X-Plane's approach looks very bland -- just green or brown rectangles with some buildings attached...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I wanted to point that out, too, because the original post may be misleading. There is definitely W2XP scenery shown, not just default autogen. Also the mesh, the textures and the trees have been this way mostly since X-Plane 10.0.

Sometimes, on slower PCs with lower autogen settings X-Plane's approach looks very bland -- just green or brown rectangles with some buildings attached...

Actually, the intent was not to highlight any particular resource of whether texture is W2XP, or not...but that in .50, the tiles are perfectly laid out now, and rather seamless.  I never got this kind of coverage in anything from .45 and back.  Everything blends in, well into its neighbor...

c4_9.png

c4_10.png

c4_11.png

c4_12.png

c4_13.png

c4_14.png

c4_15.png

c4_16.png

c4_17.png

c4_18.png

I never got this kind of coverage in anything from .45 and back.  Everything blends in, well into its neighbor...

I see... but to me it looks the same as <10.50 anyway...

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Great pictures of Melbourne area. Cant wait for full release of 10.50

From EGFF to YSSY