Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Use current system time in a saved scenario

Does someone know if it's possible to force the current system time to be used when loading a saved scenario rather than using the time that was saved with the scenario without setting the scenario as the default one?

Richard Åsberg

Hi,

Use the FSUIPC feature (included since 4.91):

Version 4.91 (August 2013)

Improvements & New Facilities
1 The "Miscellaneous" options tab now features a facility called "Use system time for flights". When selected,
flights loaded will use the current system time, date and season, irrespective of the Flight-stored values.
This is intended to make up for the fact that the FSX option to use system time appears to be broken.
The state of this option is saved in the INI file as "UseSystemTime" with a value of 'Yes' or 'No'.

Rgds

Reinhard

Yeah, you can use that if you want your time to be glued to current *GMT*. 

Other way I hear of is to open the scenario file in a text editor and delete the time entry.  It'll default from then on to your current *local* time. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks guys!

Stupid of me not checking FSUIPC options out but didn't cross my mind. Will try that one out and I think that will be the best option in my case rather than editing the saved situation file since I always start from the automatically saved 'Previous flight' situation.

Richard Åsberg

An alternative way is to open the saved flight go to world/time and season and click on the bar that says reset to system time.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

An alternative way is to open the saved flight go to world/time and season and click on the bar that says reset to system time.

Greg

Yes, this is how I've been doing it up until now. The problem with this is having to do it manually for every flight and to wait for a second reload so using the automatic feature in FSUIPC seems like a great way doing the same thing!

Will try it out when I get home.

Richard Åsberg