Sign in to follow this  
Hawk60M

DC6 Sales

Just wondering how the DC6 for XPlane has sold compared to PMDG products for FSX & P3D. Is there a large amount of XPlane users compared to FSX & P3D? Have you sold enough for XPlane to make it worthwhile to develop more products or would it have been wiser to stick with FSX & P3D? 

I've used all 3 & always found XPlane to be troublesome setting up controls & long load times occasionally. I try to like it but always end up removing it from my computer. I use only P3D now, very stable & smooth (V3.3) no memmory issues, it just works...

Thanks

Mark

• Upvote 2

Just wondering how the DC6 for XPlane has sold compared to PMDG products for FSX & P3D. Is there a large amount of XPlane users compared to FSX & P3D? Have you sold enough for XPlane to make it worthwhile to develop more products or would it have been wiser to stick with FSX & P3D? 

I've used all 3 & always found XPlane to be troublesome setting up controls & long load times occasionally. I try to like it but always end up removing it from my computer. I use only P3D now, very stable & smooth (V3.3) no memmory issues, it just works...

Thanks

Mark

I doubt very much that PMDG would reveal that kind of information. They've already stated that the sales of the DC-6 would not have any bearing on their further development for X-Plane. It was strictly to be used as a testbed to learn and test developing techniques for X-Plane. 

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

I don't understand why they should risk failure with X-Plane and not go with a 'sure earner' and a MD11 for Prepar3d.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't understand why they should risk failure with X-Plane and not go with a 'sure earner' and a MD11 for Prepar3d.

It's not like they have 1 team and they have to pick or choose to develop for X-Plane or P3D. DC-6 was just getting their feet wet in XPX as mwilk stated above.

They apparently didn't feel the MD-11 was a sure earner. That was one of the justifications for not redoing it for P3D, they didn't sell enough for FSX. Personally, I loved the airplane, but business is business.

NAX669.png

Supporting X-Plane is no failure! Its amazing. I am sure PMDG will do very well with future XP products. I myself wouldn't touch FSX or P3D if I had my PMDG 777,737 and MS Q400 in XP.

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

If they chose to answer, I'd be OK with "We do not discuss actual sales numbers, but we can say that we (will/will not) continue to support X-Plane for the foreseeable future."

I may be wrong, but only publicly owned company's need to divulge such information.

In any event, as much as I'd love the PMDG release of the MD11 in P3D, I feel pretty comfortable believing we won't be seeing that...ever :sad:

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Thanks for your replys. I kind of figured PMDG would not respond but I was just curious. They make such in depth & beautiful simulations I just cant wait to see DC6 for P3D. I wish Xplane was not so troublesome for me. P3D v3.3 has been rock solid for me so I will stick with that & wait for 747 & DC6. As you all know PMDG products are worth the wait & price!

Thanks

Mark

I am curious as to why you are having so much problems with X-Plane. As for loading times - FSX and P3D were far worse for that for me. One bad experience cannot make you judge something in which others have found better experiences than other platforms. I have been using X-Plane for just over 1 year now and love it, having optimised it to my configuration eventhough the setup is a bit of getting used to.

I'm pretty sure the MD11 would work in P3D it'd be against EULA but since it's not even sold anymore I'm not sure why they would care if you installed it in there

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks

Mark

Did you see the footage for XP-11 from Flight Sim Con? It looks very promising. 

I'm pretty sure the MD11 would work in P3D it'd be against EULA but since it's not even sold anymore I'm not sure why they would care if you installed it in there

The fact that an item is no longer sold doesn't void the EULA. Owners of the MD-11 own a license to use the software in FSX, that's it. 

Supporting Xplane is great cause, neglecting the client base of FSX is not understandable, I went through many reviews to Xplane and I decide I will not buy it for now, so the question is why focusing on thousands of users and neglecting a confirmed profit form 10s of thousands of FSX customers? ..... I don't get it 

• Upvote 1

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

neglecting the client base of FSX is not understandable

I'm not sure where you get the idea that PMDG is ignoring the FSX users. This aircraft was developed so that PMDG could learn the ins and outs of X-Plane. That was its' main purpose. Apparently, PMDG feels that X-Plane has a future that they want to be a part of. The DC-6 will be made available for FSX\P3D in the future. They've been at this for a long time so I trust they know what they're doing.

NAX669.png

Supporting Xplane is great cause, neglecting the client base of FSX is not understandable, I went through many reviews to Xplane and I decide I will not buy it for now, so the question is why focusing on thousands of users and neglecting a confirmed profit form 10s of thousands of FSX customers? ..... I don't get it 

When, exactly did we say that we were only releasing the DC-6 for X-Plane?

If you look - even casually - at the majority of our posts about the DC-6, you'll note that we have been quite clear about its movement back into FSX and P3D after the XPL release gets situated.

Heck, look at the first shots of the DC-6 that we ever made public and compare them to FSX and XPL...which sim were those pictures taken in?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/361760-secret-project-1-this-one-is-a-classic/

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers