Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

MSE4 Puerto Rico

20% off till June 30. I've been wanting for some photo real Latin America for so long a sure purchase for me. I will be in hog heaven if they do some Central American countries and PMDG ports that DC6 over to FSX Steam. Look out Amigos, here I come.

Vic green

20% off till June 30. I've been wanting for some photo real Latin America for so long a sure purchase for me. I will be in hog heaven if they do some Central American countries and PMDG ports that DC6 over to FSX Steam. Look out Amigos, here I come.

The DC-6 is coming to FSX and P3D.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Uhm.. You do know puerto rico is not in latin America, right..?

Uhm.. You do know puerto rico is not in latin America, right..?

According to this article that lists the countries that Latin America includes, Puerto Rico is listed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Also from the same link.

"Latin America[a] (occasionally referred to in writing by the portmanteau "LatAm" or "LATAM") is the group of countries and dependencies in the Americas where Romance languages are predominant. The term originated in 19th century France to consider French-speaking territories in the Americas along the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevail. It is therefore broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America—though it usually excludes French Canada."

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, you're right. Mixed up latin america with south/central america & caribbean

According to this article that lists the countries that Latin America includes, Puerto Rico is listed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Also from the same link.

"Latin America[a] (occasionally referred to in writing by the portmanteau "LatAm" or "LATAM") is the group of countries and dependencies in the Americas where Romance languages are predominant. The term originated in 19th century France to consider French-speaking territories in the Americas along the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevail. It is therefore broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America—though it usually excludes French Canada."

Neat information. This is one old Greengo who loves Spanish culture.

Vic green

Neat information. This is one old Greengo who loves Spanish culture.

Me too. Never heard gringos called greengo so I learned something as well.

Glad to see some new photoreal for Puerto Rico. I've only been there once a few years ago but had a good time. Flew into TJSJ and stayed not far from the airport. Glad to see that LatinVFR has a good rendition of it including the trees that line runway 8. Now I just need the photoreal to complete the package.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Me too. Never heard gringos called greengo so I learned something as well.

Glad to see some new photoreal for Puerto Rico. I've only been there once a few years ago but had a good time. Flew into TJSJ and stayed not far from the airport. Glad to see that LatinVFR has a good rendition of it including the trees that line runway 8. Now I just need the photoreal to complete the package.

Check out my last name, hence greengo. I hear there was a popular camp song back during the war with Mexico called Green Grow The Lilacs. When the Mexicans heard the Americans singing it they tagged us with the moniker gringo. 

Never had the pleasure of seeing Puerto Rico but when I was a kid I've lived in Bogota, The Canal Zone and Nicaragua. Traveled all up through Central America. Such a beautiful place with good people, but also a lot of sadness. Like the rest of the world I guess.

Vic green

I bought this scenery. 

ITs ok... The color is too "light green" and a tad washed out.. I wish it was a tad darker and had more contrast like Oahu. In fact MS Oaho v2 is better than this MSE4 Puerto Rico.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well thanks Manny for saving me some money. I was going to pick it up tomorrow and wanted to ask how is it. I have never had photoreal scenery in my sim install.

I have never had photoreal scenery in my sim install.

Get their Oahu.. its awesome,,, even if its not 4X 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter