Sign in to follow this  
marty2756

REX 4 texture direct and Soft clouds integration in FSX:SE

Hi

I am using FSX:SE with REX 4 Texture Direct (DLC).  Today, I bought REX soft clouds also as DLC from Steam.

I could not find the way to integrate both.  I assume Soft cloud is not "installed" by default. I didn't find any executable in Soft Clouds DLC folder to install textures like REX4 TD.

Tried to look at REX forums/Soft cloud "manual", but I got more confused than before.

Any idea how to do this?

You need to download and run this in order to integrate it into Texture Direct. I'm in the same boat as you, as I have Texture Direct and Soft Clouds separate instead of being installed as one package.  

You need to download and run this in order to integrate it into Texture Direct. I'm in the same boat as you, as I have Texture Direct and Soft Clouds separate instead of being installed as one package.  

Thanks.. but that links says "

WARNING:
This package is NOT compatible with REX 4 Texture Direct on Steam! It is only compatible with the standard Texture Direct package. Note that this will work fine when using the standard package with FSX:SE."

In my case, I have REX 4 texture direct separete yes, but also from Steam as DLC.

Solved.

For some reason, when installing REX Soft clouds DLC, just core files were installed, but Soft Cloud Configuration tool was not.

In Steam, I went to "Library" -> "Tools", and then find "FSX REX Soft Clouds Configuration Tool", right click ,-> install.

Than I could run configuration and install soft clouds.