Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

FRAMERATES with AI Traffic Programs

Guest dhtmlman

I have tried Ultimate Traffic and FSLive Traffic (the demo) and my framerates get cut in half with 75%-100% Traffic. But worse I get bad stutters when approaching any airport with traffic. The stutters are terrible.I am running a very high end machine and experience no stutters then traffic is turned off. I have a p4 3.6 ATI Raedon X850 PE.What is the best AI Traffic for framerates that looks the best. Any help greatly appreciated.

No problems here with my AMD3200+ and Geforce 6600GT. Although my computer is not as high-end as yours, I generally get 20-30fps in 2D and 10-20fps in VC. I never really fly without Ultimate Traffic, so I cannot comment about my fps without it.Check you settings and don't max everything out. I have most sliders maxed, but definitely not all and FS looks still stunning.

Unlike most FS addons, the best way to get good AI traffic that doesn't impact frame rates is not available as payware. Problem is installing freeware AI Traffic is very time consuming, but when done you'll have AI traffic that looks much better than payware options and also has less impact on frame rates.My system is not as powerful as yours, but I see very little impact on frame rates with Ultimate Traffic at 100%, even at busy airports. But that's because I've replaced all their models with better freeware versions.One comprimise is to just replace 5 or 10 of the most common airlines in the part of the world you fly the most. Should be able to do that in a few hours. Also, turning off aircraft shadows and not going too crazy with antialiasing helps a lot.Matt Fox

Guest Drake34

I use the ProjectAI planes for my AI along with several freeware Military AI packages. Don't have many slowdowns unless I'm flying into a huge airport which I don't do very often.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...s/Mullins01.jpg"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting."Don MullinsNiceville, FL.

Stutters are frequently caused by not having enough parking at airports - especially those other airports within your active AI zone.Also complex airport scenery can contribute to stutters and FSP slowdowns. Without AI traffic your computer might be running at 85-90% of its capacity. Adding AI traffic can put you over the edge.Without a doubt you will find better performance by moving some of the models away from the default early version PAI models in UT. As noted above, it takes time to make the conversions - but the end result is worth it.Be it the AIA Boeings and MD aircraft, the CDAI CRJ, ERJ & DC-10/EvolveAI MD-11, the FMAI Fokker & Do228 & BAe 146, the HTAI B1900, some of the FSP Airbus.You really need a copy of Aircraft Container Manager - ACM - and check each model yourself.Some people prefer higher impact models for asthetic reasons. Also, some repaints are only available with certain models.One point - the AI slider does not control the percentage of the AI traffic.If your AI flight plan for airline XYZ is made by the MRAI standard - you have 100% traffic all the time - even at 1% AI setting.Each individual flight has an AI percentage setting and the AI slider only drops flights which are above the selected percentage.If the flightplan writer has put every flight to be present at 1% AI - then the AI slider has no impact.You'd be surprised how many flightplans are set with the same AI percentage for every flight. Watch out for that.Personally I use UT - I have almost none of the default models flying. I've worked my way through the inventory.Download and install the AIA B739 - assign those aircraft to the flight plans - etc. It takes a while - but having UT greatly speeds up the process and you can see the incremental improvements.Also, the UT flight plans are randomized so the AI slider does work to approximatley trim the amount of AI.

I have an AMD 3200 with Nivida 6600GT was well. I run Ultimate Traffic with my traffic at 100% with great results. I have replaced most of the models over time with Aardvark models for Boeing, FSPainter for Airbus and CDAI for smaller regional jets. They look better anyway, and for me at least, are a lot easier on frame rates.Replacing AI models and repaints can be an addictive hobby in itself. Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg