Sign in to follow this  
planenut

FSX Install Error

Hi,

Due to a hard drive failure I am trying to reinstall FSX on another drive.  The problem I am having is that during the install I am getting an error 0x80040702.  "Failed to load dll:  gameuxinstallhelper".  Anybody else ever have this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it.  I've searched and have found several suggestions but none seem to work for me.

I'm using Win 10.  Would appreciate any fixes for this.

Jim

Did you do a registry cleaning before trying to install FSX on the new drive?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Not only do you need to clean the Registry

1st ,, I am assuming you had FSX on a separate drive From the OS ,,,

and if you did you need to download and install  msicuu2.exe use this tool to clear/clean the installer Reference From you System (NOTE WHEN THE WINDOW POPS UP WITH THE LIST OF INSTALLED PROGRAMS ON YOUR SYSTEM MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HIT CLEAR/CLEAN ON THE WRONG PROGRAM , THEIR IS NO REINSTALLING THIS INFO WITH OUT REINSTALLING THE WHOLE PROGRAM)

and after you get FSX installed and if you have a problem activating it you need to reset the sldl logs ,,, download mskb928080.exe  and follow the instruction on how to reset the sldl ,,,

PS   you can also try to get the installer reference removed by going to programs and features and uninstall fsx if it is still in the list

Hi Ace,

Your're right, I am trying to install on a second HD that is separate from the OS.  Tried to install some other programs on it and am getting some errors on them too.  Guess I've got to get my HD's and registry straightened out before I start on FSX install.  Thanks for your good advice.

Jim