Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

About to buy the 35A

It does look nice but the Lear is getting overdone. Lots of other choices available

I agree that we don't need more of the early ancient Lears like the 24/25. They play a minor role today and are basically something for vintage lovers.

The Lear 35A is a good middle ground and still in considerable usage today.

If developers want to do Lears, then I'd love them to give us a really good and fully modeled Lear 60XR.

As for the "lots of other choices", I am not so sure. There are addons that have nice visuals but a horrible systems simulation, and addons that do well in systems simulation but have horribly dated graphics. Addons that do a good job in both the visual and simulation department are few and far between.

I personally would like to see a really well-done ("PMDG-level") Challenger 300.

Dave P. Woycek

I agree that we don't need more of the early ancient Lears like the 24/25. They play a minor role today and are basically something for vintage lovers.

The Lear 35A is a good middle ground and still in considerable usage today.

If developers want to do Lears, then I'd love them to give us a really good and fully modeled Lear 60XR.

As for the "lots of other choices", I am not so sure. There are addons that have nice visuals but a horrible systems simulation, and addons that do well in systems simulation but have horribly dated graphics. Addons that do a good job in both the visual and simulation department are few and far between.

I personally would like to see a really well-done ("PMDG-level") Challenger 300.

Lots of other choices as in other business jets not yet simulated.

ZORAN

Lots of other choices as in other business jets not yet simulated.

Ah, I got you now.

Yes, right. More business jets need to be simulated in addons. Fully agreed.

Dave P. Woycek

Milviz I believe is doing a Lear 60....

Actually a Lear 60XR with Collins ProLIine 21 PFD/ MFD displays and a working FMS 3000.  Should be a nice contrast/complement to the Lear35A, but my guess is it won't be available until well into 2017.

Al

Guest JustanotherPilot

Bit disappointed with the texturing, but can live with that at half price.

Bit disappointed with the texturing, but can live with that at half price.

I've had the MU-2 for about six months with the same thought.... Flysimware seems to model things pretty well, but man are they ugly!  No offence meant, just an observation with my purchase.

Nice aircraft, and they get a lot of things right, but texturing isn't there unfortunately.  Amazing how some developers nail "x", while others nail "y", yet so few can crack the complete package.

Having said this, I'll probably pick up the 35a during the sale!

Guest JustanotherPilot

I've had the MU-2 for about six months with the same thought.... Flysimware seems to model things pretty well, but man are they ugly!  No offence meant, just an observation with my purchase.

Nice aircraft, and they get a lot of things right, but texturing isn't there unfortunately.  Amazing how some developers nail "x", while others nail "y", yet so few can crack the complete package.

Having said this, I'll probably pick up the 35a during the sale!

Allen,

Have to agree with you on the MU2 and I've also got the Cessna 441  - all consistently have bad textures, I'm impressed with the coming release of the Lear35A by Xtreme mentioned earlier, they appear to be a realistic looking depiction.

The new interior textures I think improve the MU-2, a forum member posted them some time ago and they look pretty nice. But yes there is room to improve regarding the VC especially! But hey, both the MU-2 and the Lear are just a kick to fly I can over look those short comings...maybe some day?

Maybe one day A2A will do one, now that would be something!

ZORAN

Actually a Lear 60XR with Collins ProLIine 21 PFD/ MFD displays and a working FMS 3000.  Should be a nice contrast/complement to the Lear35A, but my guess is it won't be available until well into 2017.

Al

Milviz is doing great stuff, but if their Lear 60XR project goes like their King Air 350i one, I don't have too high hopes of seeing that Lear all too soon ...

Dave P. Woycek

Allen,

Have to agree with you on the MU2 and I've also got the Cessna 441  - all consistently have bad textures, I'm impressed with the coming release of the Lear35A by Xtreme mentioned earlier, they appear to be a realistic looking depiction.

Lear 35A by Xtreme Prototypes? I haven't seen anything about that, only the 20 series.

Where did you get that?

Flysimware texturing isn't that bad. And it's light on frames.

Dave P. Woycek

Milviz is doing great stuff, but if their Lear 60XR project goes like their King Air 350i one, I don't have too high hopes of seeing that Lear all too soon ...

The good news is they say much of the Collins Proline coding they are doing for the KA350i will map over to the Lear 60XR, so that will help, but I agree it will be a good while until the Lear 60XR is available. But when it is, it will be great to have a daily choice between the steam gauge VC Lear35A and the glass VC Lear XR60.

Al

The good news is they say much of the Collins Proline coding they are doing for the KA350i will map over to the Lear 60XR, so that will help, but I agree it will be a good while until the Lear 60XR is available. But when it is, it will be great to have a daily choice between the steam gauge VC Lear35A and the glass VC Lear XR60.

Al

I've been waiting for a good(!) Lear 60XR in FSX/P3D ever since. Really looking forward to that one!

Dave P. Woycek