Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

About to buy the 35A

I find some of the comments here regarding the Lear35A texturing a bit harsh. I do agree it does not match up to the best and could certainly be improved, but I find it does not significantly detract from my enjoyment of the a/c. I do appreciate good textures ( I also have PMDG, A2A, Flight1 and Milviz a/c), but as a (past) real world pilot, accuracy of a/c systems and the flight model come first for me.  I realize, however, what is most important in a simulation is a personal thing.

Given the hours and hours and hours of coding, texturing, testing and debugging it takes to put together a simulation like the Lear35A, even with the texturing as it is I find it remarkable it only costs about $40, or now $21 while on sale, especially for a very small company. Let's see, that's about how many trips to Starbucks, or to the movies (even without popcorn!)?  What does a single hour in a real Cessna 150 cost these days? I wonder how many man-hours it actually takes to produce a simulation like the Lear35A, and how many you then have to sell to make a reasonable profit. A lot, I would guess.

If on average I were to fly the Lear35A about 4 hours a week (which I currently do) for a year, it costs me about 10 or 20 cents per hour depending on whether or not I got it on sale. And that's just for the first year. So even with less than top-notch texturing, not a bad entertainment and educational value it seems to me.

Fly often,

Al

Wow. The screenshots are really stunning!

If the systems simulation and flight model/performance is up to the visual standards as well, we should get a real gem here.

Anyone knows if they do the Avcon/Rx mod with the tailfins and the bigger tip tanks with extended fuel capacity?

Dave P. Woycek

I Bought the Learjet 2 days ago on sales and I'm very happy with it ! And with the reduce price it's a very good add on. Now I'm thinking to buy the Flysimware MU-2. Yes I know, the textures are not the best but I can live with that.

I bought the Learjet today and I've to say that I'm quite impressed!

Yes, the textures are not the strongest point of this addon. But the overall experience is just so enjoyable. The autopilot does exactly what he should do, the cabin pressurization is spot on and generally all systems are greatly simulated. And the native integration of the Flight1 GTN 750 and the Milviz weather radar are great additions as well. I prefer this Learjet over every Carenado airplane that I know of.

And after all these years I had almost forgotten how much I miss visible rain drops on the windscreen. For $21 the Flysimware Learjet 35A is a steal!  :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Hi Folks,

Well - had my first flight and I must say I'm impressed... As mentioned - the textures could be a bit better (really doesn't detract from the experience) and the paint schemes chosen are really not to my taste... I can only fly the very plain looking one with the blue stripe without saying yuck (again - just my taste - not a reflection on their quality)... Any good repaints out there ? Other than that - the package seems extremely well done... The FDE makes it a hoot to fly with a great sound package that literally thunders down the runway on your takeoff roll... Big difference from my only other bizjet package - the Carenado C525A and 100 knots or so faster... The systems seems to have some real depth - looks like I have some learning to do... I anticipate spending a substantial time in this new bird... Hah - it takes off and climbs like a ballistic missile compared to the Citation...

Anyone know how to map the NWS button ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Also - for those who use Fltplan.com/Fltplan Go - it has a profile built for the Lear 35A...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I bought a copy yesterday and had nightmares with the Steering lock as I failed to grasp its logic and it seemed to affect all aircraft including the default MS aircraft.

A reinstall , a tweak of the panel manager DLL to fix the loading problem and  a search through this forum and I now think I that I have it cracked.

I love the Dutch Roll  effect if you go too fast and generally the attention to detail.

Although the textures may not be quite up to Carenado standard , they aren't bad and there is compensation in the depth of the systems and flight dynamics.

Bit bouncy on the runway though if you land one wheel down into wind.

I have been flying the Lear 35A for about a month  and find the attention necessary to fly the plane very immersive. I'm in the 'high fidelity simulation' trumps eye candy. As an example I  find Carenado  overpriced and lacking attention to systems, they seem to short cut systems to pump out planes.

Anyone here remember the Aerowinx 744 Precision Simulator that ran in DOS? :) I spent hours in that simulator, learned a great deal about the Queen's system and procedures.  There was no external model, 3D cockpit or high fidelity sound, just a systems simulator with flat 2D facsimile  of primary instruments. My point is I'm perfectly happy with the Lear from a systems standpoint and care less for VAS eating 4K plane models. That is what makes our hobby great,  something for everyone!

Bob

For me, Flysimware's texturing of the Lear 35A is absolutely adequate and balanced, thus yielding superb performance even in areas with dense and detailed payware scenery.

What good is resource-hogging 4k textured model that is shipped without a paintkit and with a buggy, incomplete and partially just plain wrong FDE and systems simulation (y'all know who I'm talking about).

I see no action required in the texturing area. If anything, I'd like to see Flysimware address the remaining systems simulation issues (the inop cabin climb/descend rate gauge, the too high fuel burn, the standby altimeter not being in sync with the main altimeters etc).

Dave P. Woycek

Wow. The screenshots are really stunning!

If the systems simulation and flight model/performance is up to the visual standards as well, we should get a real gem here.

Anyone knows if they do the Avcon/Rx mod with the tailfins and the bigger tip tanks with extended fuel capacity?

On looking closer, the F1 Lear 35 is apparently modeled after a plain old Lear. No thrust reversers. Old FC200 autopilot.

Going to keep the Flysimware one....

Dave P. Woycek

As much as I do like the Flysimware Learjet, I must warn potential buyers that the autopilot glideslope tracking using the GTN750 just is not reliable yet. I have rev 2.5

Using either radio localizers or GPS with vertical nav, the LJ will couple to the glide-path, but as I approach the airfield, it may spontaneously de-couple and switch back to the 'armed' state, thereby losing control. The GTN works perfectly with my other aircraft, so it is not to blame.

I am disappointed that this behavior has not been corrected yet by Flysimware.

Dave Swigert

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

As much as I do like the Flysimware Learjet, I must warn potential buyers that the autopilot glideslope tracking using the GTN750 just is not reliable yet. I have rev 2.5

Using either radio localizers or GPS with vertical nav, the LJ will couple to the glide-path, but as I approach the airfield, it may spontaneously de-couple and switch back to the 'armed' state, thereby losing control. The GTN works perfectly with my other aircraft, so it is not to blame.

I am disappointed that this behavior has not been corrected yet by Flysimware.

Dave Swigert

Strange -- I haven't had that problem. I have learned that you have to keep your speed down (150kts or less) or the AP might drop back into Nav ARM mode while making some turns, such as during a holding pattern entry.

Al