Sign in to follow this  
edbern007

Engine start procedure anomaly

Before starting the engines I would tell the FO start sequence two then one  but when I command him to start the first engine after starting the second FS2CREW automatically goes to the FLAPS section without evening going through the after start flows. which leaves me to have to do it myself. This is something that recently started happening. I tried reinstalling FS2CREW and I even tried even uninstalled and then reinstalled the PMDG before reinstalling the FS2CREW but without any luck. My firewall was disabled and windows defender were disabled each time I reinstalled it. I'm out of ideas in trying to resolve this issue.

Also on a side note, the FO does not recognize my fuel levers in the cutoff position on my first flight so during the preflight checklist he responds "Are you sure?" to the fuel levers status.

You have a button or hardware lever assigned to the FS "MIXTURE CONTROL" command/event.  Delete that.  FS2Crew reads the position of MIXTURE CONTROL to determine the position of the Start Levers.

That should solve it for you.

Best,

The FO does his after start flows when I say flaps 5 which is great, but during the preflight checklist he is still seeing the fuel levers in the run position and responds still saying "Are you sure?" even though I have it in the cutoff position. Your suggestion helped with the first issue but not the one that i'm mentioning here again.

I got everything to work now. Thanks for the help.

so  you  going  to tell   what the issue   was  or  your  going  to  keep it  a secret,  so  when  some  one  else  has  the  same  issue   he can  solve  it  by  reading   your  solution  

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Issue and solution were described in the top two posts

Must be  reading  his  second  post  wrong   since  he  states  in the last sentence he  writes '"Your suggestion helped with the first issue but not the one that i'm mentioning here again""

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just some additional info I thought I should share with regards to this same topic I originally started..I still occasionally get the fuel levers not being recognized in the cutoff position even after I deleted all mixture control commands in flight sim controls but when I reload the aircraft it resolves the issue. I'm not sure if its because the PMDG 737NGX was not initialized properly the first time around, which could be a result of moving the fuel levers to cutoff before the initialization countdown is completed (just my guess) but the mixture control command deleting is definitely not a fix for me.

I'm not sure if its because the PMDG 737NGX was not initialized properly the first time around

I'd put my money on that.

Are you using Saved Situation files?  Those are generally a no-no as they can cause initialization problems.

Best to have the Trike as the default plane, and load the NGX from the Free Flight screen.