Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Is it a new logo for FS2006 or....

Guest pliniau

Hi, this is new fs2006 logo .... this screen is REAL because what you see terrain and scenery is the same as other real fs2006 (or fs2007) screen. In opposite I have heard that there was a fs9.5 version of flight sim codenamed fs2006 that is not coming out this year(but it was finished and was ready to market place) . Now there are two opposite "version" of this news: 1) FS 2006 (a fs 9.5 prototype with some additional optimization) will go out mid 2006 2) FS 2007 will go out in 2007 and fs 9.5 prototype is ONLY a base for further develop... i hope that first is the REAL..... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132757.jpg

If that is real, someone at MS should be fired for improper use of the English language. A "Passion for Fly" translates into either "they love flies", or "they love the FLY" simulator. Neither is correct I suspect. Had it been "Passion for Flight" it would have still been incorrect. "A Passion for Flight" would have been more plausible. This is a bogus shot I am afraid.

Guest pliniau

...but screen seems to be real... Environment seems to be a fs2004 upgrade... it isnt a FS2004 scenery...bha....

>...but screen seems to be real... Environment seems to be a>fs2004 upgrade... it isnt a FS2004 scenery...bha....It looks to me like it may have been built with BEV with it's new Autogen objects (Or some other 3rd party autogen) other than than that I would say it's not from MS, MS never would have released it publicly if it was real, and certainly without proper grammar.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That screenshot is from "Speedtree" (http://www.speedtree.com/), their tech-demo illustrating the use of many detailed trees in a scene. Two games that will use it are Gothic III and The Elder Scrolls IV, two highly anticipated RPG's. Not sure if the tech is suitable for flightsim due to the MUCH higher view distance. Either way, that screen is from one of the included scenes in their tech-demo, and MS has nothing to do with it. Someone just superimposed a fake FS2006 logo on it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Just note about timing. Tt appears that the next version of FS could not possibly be out before the summer of 2006.FS2004 was released in the summer of 2003It would be inconsistent with Microsoft's practices and record to have a product released in mid-year of it's name.So I think - totally speculation - that the next version will be:FS2007

No Tom,It's "A Passion for Fly!" - that excellent simulator (now defunct). Those Microsoft boys secretly kept copies of Fly! on the corporate hard disk. :-)

Graeme Butler

>So I think - totally speculation - that the next version will>be:>>FS2007I think they will drop the whole practice of putting years in the title completely. They stopped doing that with most of their other products. Especially if they are moving over to a 3 year development cycle with FS because putting a year in the name just makes the software look out-dated after it's 2/3 through it's sales cycle. When next year rolls around, who is going to want to by a program with "2004" in the name?I'm thinking "Flight Simulator X" or something corny like "Flight Simulator, World of Aviation" with no year in the title.Also, anyone else think that somehow MS has plans to get more money out of us for next version of FS? If it takes them 3 years instead of 2 years for them to get a release out, then somehow they need to get the users to pay more for each release. I'm thinking the initial product will still be in the $40-$60 range, but somehow they are going to hit us up for a monthy subscription. MS has to realize that there are a lot of users out there willing to spend a lot more than just the initial cost of FS.Matt

Guest jboweruk

I wish FS10 did look like that. But the FPS would go through the basement.

Guest kurtj

Matt I sure hope MS doesn't hit us up for a monthly subscription. That would be a real travisty. I don't have problem paying a single payment of $150 if it is very realistic, but I think that a monthly subscription could drive alot of simmers away. That is just my thoughts though.As for this new thread with fs2006, this is pretty bogus. MSFS will release there info on the new version when it is finished and goes gold. We all will definatly hear about this when that happens.

I used to think subscriptions would not look. Now I'm not so sure. Look at the success of World of Warcraft. Of course you have to have the right product and the right market, but I wouldn't rule out a subscription FS, if not with the next release, then perhaps down the road.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

I saw that screenshot earler this year. Bogus. Definately not FS. Sorry :)Where did I put that shovel...?-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!A pilot pulled out a .38 revolver and placed it on top of the instrument panel, then told the navigator "I use this on navigators who get me lost!"The navigator pulled out a .45 and placed it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?""To be honest sir," the navigator replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will."

I think any type of subscription would almost certainly be optional. If they provided something actually worth subscribing to, I'd definately be willing to pay $5 or $10 a month. Not sure what they will do, but they are going to have to figure out some way to nickle and dime us between releases if they want to keep the price of FS under $100.I just hope if they do something like this that they focus on the advanced users and not the beginners.Matt