Sign in to follow this  
Dale H

questions

Does Pilot2ATC work on a separate monitor?

Is it going to be compatible with XPlane 1.50?

When is Navigraph support expected?

Can I use my FSGlobalRealWeather app?

Thanks,

Dale,

Pilot 2 ATC works fine on a separate monitor. 

As long as X-Plane 10.5 still communicates with XPUIPC, it should work. 

Unfortunately, Navigraph support is up to Navigraph.  You may want to post on their web site.

Pilot2ATC currently uses real weather, so if you weather program is using real-time weather, it should work.  However, if you want to simulate historical or theoretical weather, it won't match. 

Hope that helps,

Dave

All good to know. I'm in. New headset with microphone on its way.

Will put pressure on Navigraph. I know you want them involved. Pardon my asking.

Thanks,

Installed and configured and running with XPlane on a separate monitor in flawless fashion. Huge strides since version 1. I really appreciate the flight planning features. The program works seamlessly with XPlane. So nice to use Pilot2ATC to change radiofrequencies in flight, for example. The manual explains all.

I notice the program with not recognize some .fms flight plans it created and will not load them once saved. I am wondering if a user-generated way point and the SIDS and approaches may be an issue. No matter because flight planning is so easy I may not need to save flight plans.

I am a neophyte when it comes to ATC communication and have no real world skills to bring. I thought Pilot2ATC would be helpful in this regard but it is very frustrating for the beginner. I need a lexicon of the phrases ATC will accept. I am learning as I go. If these are unreasonable expectations I would like to know before proceeding.

Very impressed overall.

Dale,

Have you tried using the Grammar Helper?  It gives you the phrases Pilot2ATC can understand in various situations with various controllers.

In conjunction with that, the FAA Airman's Information Manual (AIM) is available free online to give guidance on what calls to make for different situations.

Enhancements in this area are on the list for future development.

Regards,

Dave