Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

voice packs and request

FS++ team,

Upon upgrading MCE, I'm greeted with the following dialog:

Please check to ensure you have the valid voice pack installed...

I have the following voice packs installed:

William FO

David Mech

Stella Pursa

All work fine; however, the error persist upon loading...is there away to suppress the dialog boxes?  

Request:

Can you please add an option to the ini to suppress the safety feature during ground movements?  For example, when I approach the runway threshold, I call takeoff flow; however, presumably because I'm moving, the copilot often states "disregarding due to the critical phase of the flight."   When flying on VATSIM, it's not always possible to stop before the runway threshold and wait for the copilot to finish his flows.  This is more problematic when departing the runway on landing during busy nights.  An options to override this feature (during ground only) would be VERY much appreciated.

Matt 

Matt King

FS++ team,

Upon upgrading MCE, I'm greeted with the following dialog:

Please check to ensure you have the valid voice pack installed...

I have the following voice packs installed:

William FO

David Mech

Stella Pursa

All work fine; however, the error persist upon loading...is there away to suppress the dialog boxes?  

Request:

Can you please add an option to the ini to suppress the safety feature during ground movements?  For example, when I approach the runway threshold, I call takeoff flow; however, presumably because I'm moving, the copilot often states "disregarding due to the critical phase of the flight."   When flying on VATSIM, it's not always possible to stop before the runway threshold and wait for the copilot to finish his flows.  This is more problematic when departing the runway on landing during busy nights.  An options to override this feature (during ground only) would be VERY much appreciated.

Matt 

To get rid of voice pack message, either reset MCE to factory settings or go to voice panel and re-assign voices for each crew member. Message is popping-up because voices that ship in newer Demo have changed from the previous ones. It's just a notification.

As for "disregarding due to the critical phase of the flight." on-screen message, that isn't related to flows at all. It's something to do with FS user interface voice control feature.

There are commands such as "full screen mode", "windowed mode", "zoom out", "zoom in", "display weather dialog", "display go to airport dialog", "display map" etc....

You don't want these to trigger when taking off or landing, therefore MCE ignores them on purpose.

Flows are always executed immediately unless they have option "Require confirmation" ticked, in which case FO will prompt before executing them.

"There are commands such as "full screen mode", "windowed mode", "zoom out", "zoom in", "display weather dialog", "display go to airport dialog", "display map" etc"

Gerald, that's not what I'm experiencing. For example, when I execute a takeflow (VoxScript), the first flow item is A/T...on. The copilot states "disregarding due to the critical nature of the flight", then proceds to the next item in the script, which is stobe lights On; often, he will skip that request too (same reason as above). So, for me, it's not limited to commands you suggested, which are also disabled via the GUI.

Matt King

The copilot states "disregarding due to the critical nature of the flight".

Is this actually a verbal statement FO makes or displayed as text in red font?

MCE is multi-threaded. While the flow is in progress, it could easily receive another command related to FS UI, which when discarded won't even state what reco picked up.

Will check what's up with AT anyway, just in case.

Scripted actions are considered intentional. FO shouldn't argue or require confirmation. Something he does with AT when commanded OFF directly.

love FS++ support!

It's not related to just the A/T. Any action (e.g. landing lights, strobe lights, and EFIS button) identied via the Voxscript is diregarded (e.g. "disregarding due to the critinal nature of the flight" or "we shouldn't be fiddling with such things at this time") during certain phases of ground operations. Again, it only happens when the aircraft is moving, if I'm stopped, the copilot will perform the actions as designated via the script. To that point, it isn't tied to the confirmation option; instead, it appears to be a feature built into MCE to prevent the copilot from missinterperting commands during critical phases of flight (e.g. takeoff roll).

Matt King

"we shouldn't be fiddling with such things at this time".

Ah, I get it now.

I was confused by the other statement which was similar to what is output on the screen when an unwanted action is discarded.

You're referring to the anti-switch-fiddling once the take-off roll has started, with FO complaining about poor standards. Should only apply to "takeoff phase" though.

Will get "mce.exe" patched within 2 days, and allow the commands identified as "scripted" to go through, even if they are executed late into the takeoff roll.

Will post patch on this thread later on.

Thanks Gerald!

I can't believe how great the support is! This is the 4th feature request I've requested and ALL have been implemented. I can't think of a single developer that implements request as fast you guys do...

Matt King

Thanks Gerald! I can't believe how great the support is! This is the 4th feature request I've requested and ALL have been implemented. I can't think of a single developer that implements request as fast you guys do...

Thanks for the accolade.

Patch now ready.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch26732.zip

Your browser may complain it's unsafe to download. Normal, because it has "mce.exe" embedded in it. An exe that comes this way from unknown origin is always suspicious.

This patch is to be applied to V2.6.6.7 or higher.

If on much earlier version, download latest first: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Replace files according to folder structure.

replace files in \Flight sim\MCE dlls\ folder only if using QW146 and/or CS 707

Gerald,

When trying to run the patch to .exe, I recieve 4 message boxes stating "unable to identify error", followed by a message box that states:

"Failed to Load DLL: marshall.dll"

Am I suppose to run the .exe or simply move the files to their respective folders?   

Matt King

Gerald,

When trying to run the patch to .exe, I recieve 4 message boxes stating "unable to identify error", followed by a message box that states:

"Failed to Load DLL: marshall.dll"

Am I suppose to run the .exe or simply move the files to their respective folders?   

Unzip the patch, then replace a few files as per folder structure.

"mce.exe" replaces file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Files in \MCE dlls\ replace the ones in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ or \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\

Gerald,

First, I want to thank you for altering the application to allow flows during the takeoff and landing phase. Secondly, I'm still having issues with the push back command.  When requesting push back, I still have ground maintenance telling me "I'll be assisted by my..."  I assume this is for ASE/GSX integration?  I would prefer to have MCE handle my push back. Again, thanks for everything, Gerald!        

Matt King

Gerald,

First, I want to thank you for altering the application to allow flows during the takeoff and landing phase. Secondly, I'm still having issues with the push back command.  When requesting push back, I still have ground maintenance telling me "I'll be assisted by my..."  I assume this is for ASE/GSX integration?  I would prefer to have MCE handle my push back. Again, thanks for everything, Gerald!        

Yes, it's getting very complex with 3 separate modes supported. And faking using AES doesn't do the trick anymore.

Should be addressed this week.

Thanks Gerald...maybe have a entry in the ini to force pushback?

I hope people who stumble across this thread appreciate the pleasantness and responsiveness of your team; MCE is, by far, the best supported Flt Sim product on the market. Also, IMO, it's willfully unappreciated; to that point, I have no idea why people gush over competing software, and continue to overlook this gem. To that end, I spent $50 6-years ago for this product, to obtain the same functionality from your competitor (e.g. emergency flows, push back, multiple crew options, 30+ supported planes, etc...) I would of paid >$1K. All that money, for less functionality and adoptability, is simply mesmerizing to me. Sorry for the rant....

Matt King

Thanks Gerald...maybe have a entry in the ini to force pushback?

changes have been made which should address the issue you reported, all while keeping the ability for MCE to switch from Native to GSX mode when the latter is detected as installed and a Simconnect like window is fired. If required, will eventually introduce a new option (in mce.ini) to ignore both GSX & AES. Hopefully not required

Either install the very latest package available here:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Or, download this patch and manually overwrite files as per folder structure

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch2674.zip