Sign in to follow this  
saverio mangione

ILS frequency error

Hi all,

I've been reading through all posts regarding this bug which seems to affect this awesome machine but all posts date back to 2013 and could not find any reply to the posts regarding this ILS error. During approach LOC engages but APP doesn't and auto land can't be automatically executed. This is happening at all airports. Like all the other simmers, I also start from a cold&dark panel state. Does anybody know if this issue has been solved and where I can read all relevant posts? Thanks a lot

Saverio

Saverio Mangione

Like all the other simmers, I also start from a cold&dark panel state.

Do you have any data that supports this. You are aware that there are other panel states. Short turn, long turn and default can be used to start a flight. Not knowing what platform you are using I have no idea where to start with an answer.

First and last name required on posts in PMDG Forum - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/.

Dear Michael, thanks s lot for your reply. I always starting flats from cold&dark (737 NGX, PMDG 747 and PMDG 777. With 737 abd 747 I have no ILS issues. This always happens with 777. Reading on the internet I discovered that this issue generally arises when you start a flight from cold&dark. I tried to start on long turn and both loc and app engaged. Info I read from the Internet date back to 2013. So I'd like to know if there's some more recent

Thanks

Saverio Mangione

Saverio Mangione

Is the ILS freq and CRS in the CDU being entered automatically by selecting the APP in the CDU? Or are you inputting the information by hand? If it is auto inserted then do they match with what exists in your airport scenery? Some instances, newer airport sceneries will correct the freqs to match the real world charts, when your NAV database may be out of date or too new.

• Upvote 1

Reading on the internet I discovered that this issue generally arises when you start a flight from cold&dark

There have been numerous issues with the default C&D panel being corrupted.
Check that you have the latest version of the addon installed.

Also the best to rule out and/or get rid of any issue related to corrupted panel state is to load the aircraft with the default panel state and to make your own panel (C&D, short turn, long turn, whatever you like...).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Dear Romain, I subscribed to Navigraph (one year subscription) and have the latest airac available. Just to check your suggestion, next time I'll try to load the default panel and then change it to Cold&Dark. I didn't consider this option but it might work. I'll let you know.

thanks for your help

Hi Angelo,

ILS freq and CRS are automatically loaded into the FMC and they always match with my Navigraph charts (KSFO just to mention one).

Thanks for replying :-)

Saverio Mangione

I subscribed to Navigraph (one year subscription) and have the latest airac available

That's fine, but just as a matter of clarification, I was talking about latest version of PMDG 777.

next time I'll try to load the default panel and then change it to Cold&Dark

Yep load the default panel, configure manual the aircraft to the state you want and save that panel state. Then you should be fine loading that newly created panel state.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

This always happens with 777. Reading on the internet I discovered that this issue generally arises when you start a flight from cold&dark. I tried to start on long turn and both loc and app engaged. Info I read from the Internet date back to 2013. So I'd like to know if there's some more recent

Hi, Saverio,

Just want to be sure you have the latest version of the 777.  What version number is showing in the Operations Center.  I follow the procedure Romain gave for creating startup panel states.  But I thought the PMDG-supplied C&D panel state issues had been fixed.

ILS freq and CRS are automatically loaded into the FMC and they always match with my Navigraph charts (KSFO just to mention one).

The key question, as Angelo said, is whether the frequency and course for a given runway are the same in the scenery as what is in your FMC database.  An up-to-date database from Navigraph can actually make the problem worse.  FSX was made @ 10 years ago, and many runways have been added or their frequencies modified since then.  Three examples: KSEA, KIAD, KORD. You need to look in the FSX map view and see what frequency is showing there for the runway you want. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Saverio Mangione

Thanks for signing your name but you didn't do it on your last post. Set it up so that is done automatically. Try this - click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

I would try what Budbud (Romain) said. You should download the current version from either PMDG or Aerosoft - http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=Vp04bQALEswq1AvG9uuJM5QaadOc%2FyaWoRk7ehpuXua9T7pkI9KLIhDwg6JtFp1wWRb8fC06d6WiOAg2VdoNraQHQKrXzSkmyR6irpASmTs%3D depending upon where you purchased the plane. The current version is 1.10.7025. Uninstall the 300ER then the 777 LRF using the Control Panel>Programs and Features and then install the 777 LRF and 300ER in that order. Before uninstalling run the PMDG Operations Center and after installing run it again to restore your liveries.

Hi Mike. I bought 777 ten days ago. I think that operations center is uptodate. hy is this happening just with 777? 737 NGX is aligned with the same frequencies and doesn't create me any trouble. This program error has been showing up since last Sunday. Prior to this day it just worked fine. I had this problem with KSFO and LIMC.. I also reAd that this bug was fixed. I'll try Gain this weekend and see what will happen.

Saverio Mangione

Hi Mike. I bought 777 ten days ago. I think that operations center is uptodate. hy is this happening just with 777? 737 NGX is aligned with the same frequencies and doesn't create me any trouble. This program error has been showing up since last Sunday. Prior to this day it just worked fine. I had this problem with KSFO and LIMC.. I also reAd that this bug was fixed. I'll try Gain this weekend and see what will happen.

Welcome to the forum. Full names in your posts, please.

Check the NAVDATA folder in the PMDG folder and look for a file called APT_RWYS.dat (or similar). Delete it and it will rebuild. Report back.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I bought 777 ten days ago. I think that operations center is uptodate. hy is this happening just with 777? 737 NGX is aligned with the same frequencies and doesn't create me any trouble. This program error has been showing up since last Sunday. Prior to this day it just worked fine. I had this problem with KSFO and LIMC.. I also reAd that this bug was fixed. I'll try Gain this weekend and see what will happen.

Hi, Saverio,

Try Kyle's suggestion.  This file occasionally gets corrupted somehow.  If you delete it the 777 will rebuild it the next time you load it.  It is not part of the Airac/navdata.  Although it's in the shared PMDG navdata file it is specific to the 777 -- this fits with your experience that you are only having problems w/ the 777.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Check the NAVDATA folder in the PMDG folder and look for a file called APT_RWYS.dat (or similar). Delete it and it will rebuild. Report back.

Thanks Kyle. I will follow your advice and report you back. I feel more than sure that it's going to be fixed

Thank you

Hey mike

Hi, Saverio,

Try Kyle's suggestion.  This file occasionally gets corrupted somehow.  If you delete it the 777 will rebuild it the next time you load it.  It is not part of the Airac/navdata.  Although it's in the shared PMDG navdata file it is specific to the 777 -- this fits with your experience that you are only having problems w/ the 777.

Mike

Hey Mike. I surely will. Thanks

Saverio Mangione

Dear Kyle,

I deleted the file and started a flight this morning. Both loc and app engaged successfully. Thanks again for your support and a big thank you to all the others who contributed with their own suggestions.

Saverio Mangione

Dear Kyle,

I deleted the file and started a flight this morning. Both loc and app engaged successfully. Thanks again for your support and a big thank you to all the others who contributed with their own suggestions.

Glad to help!

Kyle Rodgers