Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Flight Environment Problem

Guest Aleks

Hello.I have purchased Flight Environment for FS9, because I was getting tired of the default sky and water textures.However, I have run into a very annoying problem.The program installs and loads textures into FS9 just fine (or so it seems), BUT when I fire up FS9, only the horizon has the Flight Environment textures while the area I'm flying in uses the default textures. There's just a straight line in the horizon beetween FE's and FS9' textures. Needless to say, this looks horrible so ANY help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.Aleksander.

Guest fox450

Hi, could you show a screenshot of the problem and please tell me what your settings are, aswell as the settings within the FE configurator (using dxt3 or lower resolution clouds)Thanks in advance.Anthony

Guest Aleks

Hello.Ok somehow after a complete reinstall of everything the sky textures seem okay now, but the water textures look worse than ever! The known tile problem has gotten completely out of control.Regarding settings, I use the 32 bit textures and high resolution clouds.FS9 display settings are ALL maxed out.Piccies:http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/ale...naatFL379_2.jpghttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/ale...ssnaatFL379.jpg

Guest fox450

Hi, there,Maxing out sliders doesn't nessecarely mean you're getting better image qualitycould you be a little more specific as to maybe show a screenshot of your display settings dialog within the sim, especially the display and scenery settings..I'll also ask Peter Wilding to give you a hand in trying to solve the problem.regards,Anthony

Hi,Always good to start with AA checked Off and MIPS set to 4. From your screen shots it looks like you are still using default water textures. Are you sure you submitted a new set from FE?Reduce your visibility and see if that helps.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi there all,This problem also seems to be more noticable on some of the older cards. A new card such as a ATI 800 will not have this effect at all. Some very old cards this effect is very annoying and others is kinda ok ish!There are options in FE to have this effect reduced; One set of water that works best is the "Evolutions" set which has a note on the selected set to say it helps to fix the horizon effect you are talking about.One thing that causes this is a set of water that does not use the default colours. Most the 3rd party options suffer this problem including my own FS Water base tiles. In fact any add-on water that changes the water color will suffer this miss-match of colour blending. There is no fix other than to use the FE water sets to minimize this or to use a high tech newer card.I know the ATI new cards fix this but I'm not sure about the Nvidia