Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Flight1 Mustang Freezes on startup in Prepar3d

I have this airplane and I love flying it, but since I got it in Prepar3D, it often freezes on startup and I have to kill the sim and restart it.  This was on a brand new install with no other add ons.  I've searched for a solution and flight1 has it in their queue to look at.  I know that some others have them and others have not had any.  It's been months now and it's silent as a church on the problem.  Has anyone who has the aircraft and experienced the freezes ever found a solution to them?  Just thought I'd ask here before I give up completely and start a hunt for a new airplane to replace it.

Gregg

EDIT:  I should add, it freezes in 3.2 and 3.3.5.  I'm running Windows 7.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you have the fsx version and trying to install into P3Dv3, that is a separate download and purchase.  The latest version is 1.11 for FSX and P3D.  I think a lot of individuals tried to install it into P3D with the EMT which is not allowed and will cause issues.  If you have the 1.11 version for P3D, then it should work properly.

I do know that the Flight One i-Fly aircraft have a special dll that is installed and, in my case, it was tagged by my Malware Program (MalwareBytes) as malware and placed it into quarantine.  I heard this can happen Microsoft Essentials too so you might check those programs and make sure the folder and the file are exempt from scanning by your anti-virus or anti-malware programs. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you have the fsx version and trying to install into P3Dv3, that is a separate download and purchase. The latest version is 1.11 for FSX and P3D. I think a lot of individuals tried to install it into P3D with the EMT which is not allowed and will cause issues. If you have the 1.11 version for P3D, then it should work properly.

I do know that the Flight One i-Fly aircraft have a special dll that is installed and, in my case, it was tagged by my Malware Program (MalwareBytes) as malware and placed it into quarantine. I heard this can happen Microsoft Essentials too so you might check those programs and make sure the folder and the file are exempt from scanning by your anti-virus or anti-malware programs.

Best regards,

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I purchased the P3D version.  I will try the reinstall one more time...why not?  I do have exclusions set up on all of the Mustang folders as well as P3D itself and the G1000 gauge directory.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I purchased the P3D version.  I will try the reinstall one more time...why not?  I do have exclusions set up on all of the Mustang folders as well as P3D itself and the G1000 gauge directory.

Make sure you also install with Admin Privileges and UAC is turned off.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry about your problems, Gregg.  My only suggestion is to go back to the F1 wrapper and make sure you download with ALL antivirus turned off  and re install with the AV still disabled.

I cannot offer any other as I have been fortunate and experienced ZERO issues with the Mustang in P3D version 3.x

Good luck

WAT1460.png

Ah sigh.  Did all the above..no change at all.  Guess I'll be hangaring her.

Gregg Seipp

Ah sigh. Did all the above..no change at all. Guess I'll be hangaring her.

Why not open a support thread at Flight1 so that they can help you trouble shoot it, rather than just throwing money you spent on it down the drain and hangaring it?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why not open a support thread at Flight1 so that they can help you trouble shoot it, rather than just throwing money you spent on it down the drain and hangaring it?

I did a couple of months back.  This was my hail mary over here.  I think there's something with the G1000 that's freezing up that has something to do with my sim.  I even did a complete reinstall of the sim when I opened it...same thing.  It's either got them baffled or it's so hard to fix they don't want to work on it.  In any case, I think there are about 5 people reporting the issue at this point.  It's a beautiful airplane to fly if it works.

Gregg Seipp

I've experienced some issues with this aircraft also. Don't get me wrong, it's a great plane but in my case it's the only one that continually causes P3D to crash for me. Sometimes randomly but usually when I start utilizing the G1000 and clicking around in it... that's the end  :sad:

JD   

I've experienced some issues with this aircraft also. Don't get me wrong, it's a great plane but in my case it's the only one that continually causes P3D to crash for me. Sometimes randomly but usually when I start utilizing the G1000 and clicking around in it... that's the end :sad:

Yeah, does that to me sometimes as well.

Gregg Seipp

I am sorry to hear that you guys are having problems with the F1 Mustang in P3D.  I loved it in FSX and got it as soon as it was available for P3D and have been flying it almost every other day.   I am using P3D 3.3.5 and have not had any problems.  My experience has been very good.  In FSX I sometimes had to try two or three times before I could load it without a crash.  It has been much more stable in P3D.  I have no idea what might be causing your problem but hope a solution is found.  It really is a delight to fly. One of my favorites. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I am sorry to hear that you guys are having problems with the F1 Mustang in P3D. I loved it in FSX and got it as soon as it was available for P3D and have been flying it almost every other day. I am using P3D 3.3.5 and have not had any problems. My experience has been very good. In FSX I sometimes had to try two or three times before I could load it without a crash. It has been much more stable in P3D. I have no idea what might be causing your problem but hope a solution is found. It really is a delight to fly. One of my favorites.

Mine as well.  I don't know how many hours I've flown it...still learning new things about it.  I've never had an airplane do anything like this before.

Gregg Seipp

Mine as well. I don't know how many hours I've flown it...still learning new things about it. I've never had an airplane do anything like this before.

I don't think this will help but will throw it out there anyway just in case. Did you see the YouTube video about the stuttering when zoomed out too far and obstacles are on? The guy in that video ended up renaming the obstacles (.dat?) file and creating an empty one and that solved his problems. Maybe your zoom level is far enough out on startup that it's trying to read too much and crashing? Just complete and total shot in the dark and probably won't help like I said but what else do you have to lose?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I don't think this will help but will throw it out there anyway just in case. Did you see the YouTube video about the stuttering when zoomed out too far and obstacles are on? The guy in that video ended up renaming the obstacles (.dat?) file and creating an empty one and that solved his problems. Maybe your zoom level is far enough out on startup that it's trying to read too much and crashing? Just complete and total shot in the dark and probably won't help like I said but what else do you have to lose?

Worth a shot.  Never occurred to me to mess with the files in there.  I do set my settings so that they're not displayed (for performance) but that doesn't mean they're not being scanned.

Gregg Seipp

Gregg, there's no anti virus running or something is there?

Have you tried changing the navigraph data?

What about UAC is it disabled?

Could it be another addon or software interfering?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |