Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Flight1 Mustang Freezes on startup in Prepar3d

Gregg, there's no anti virus running or something is there?

Have you tried changing the navigraph data?

What about UAC is it disabled?

Could it be another addon or software interfering?

I've tried reinstalling it without antivirus on and left it off for a test, no go.  I've tried it with the original navigraph as well as 3 other cycles.  UAC is disabled.  This started on a clean install...not clean any more, but I had the issue even then.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I don't think this will help but will throw it out there anyway just in case. Did you see the YouTube video about the stuttering when zoomed out too far and obstacles are on? The guy in that video ended up renaming the obstacles (.dat?) file and creating an empty one and that solved his problems. Maybe your zoom level is far enough out on startup that it's trying to read too much and crashing? Just complete and total shot in the dark and probably won't help like I said but what else do you have to lose?

This!  Kevin I owe you a stout one.  I did as you suggested today and was able to start it six successive times without a single hang! 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

This!  Kevin I owe you a stout one.  I did as you suggested today and was able to start it six successive times without a single hang! 

Awesome!  Good thing I decided to take the 'shot in the dark' and mention it then.  I've been so close to buying this plane myself.  But have held off mostly due to performance concerns.  I know you've loved this plane for a long time in FSX.  I'd be curious to know how happy you are with it, assuming it will now work for you, in P3D?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I never had a problem with the Mustang in P3D. (fingers crossed)

@Gregg Seipp

Glad you got if working. Consider posting the solution on the Mustang Forum

@Kevin LaMal

It is a gorgeous plane. It works just fine in P3D.

Cheers.

Glad you got if working. Consider posting the solution on the Mustang Forum

Already did that before posting here.  There's at least one other person having the same problem...might be more but not many. 

I know you've loved this plane for a long time in FSX. I'd be curious to know how happy you are with it, assuming it will now work for you, in P3D?

It's about on par on frames as the Turbine Duke.  I love the way it handles and have learned a lot from it and about flying it and an airplane with a G1000.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's really good, has great views, simple to set up for flight, well documented, and there are some really decent videos on YouTube you can find about flying it. 

Gregg Seipp

It's about on par on frames as the Turbine Duke.  I love the way it handles and have learned a lot from it and about flying it and an airplane with a G1000.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's really good, has great views, simple to set up for flight, well documented, and there are some really decent videos on YouTube you can find about flying it. 

Yeah, I actually had it for FSX(which I no longer use nor even have installed) and loved it too.  I have just not gotten the P3D version yet.  I haven't seen a ton of recent(P3D) videos, comments etc where many people have bought it and are using it in P3D.  So that has led me to wonder why this is the case?  Is it just not that good in P3D(performance mostly but maybe cuz it's too old too)?

I see so many videos, pictures and talk over the "stuff" that comes from Carenado with all the problems that those planes have.  But yet, people buy that stuff like crazy.  And here, we have a pretty darn good business jet finally for P3D but no one is talking about it.  They're all still talking about, taking pictures with and buying this Carenado "stuff".  I don't get it.  Except the fact that I guess the majority of people just don't care about quality "under the hood".  They just want pretty looking models and just don't care if it works as the real plane would.  The release of this into P3D has kinda come and gone without much "to do".  Whereas the release of Carenado and people are talking for months about it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I see so many videos, pictures and talk over the "stuff" that comes from Carenado with all the problems that those planes have. But yet, people buy that stuff like crazy. And here, we have a pretty darn good business jet finally for P3D but no one is talking about it. They're all still talking about, taking pictures with and buying this Carenado "stuff". I don't get it. Except the fact that I guess the majority of people just don't care about quality "under the hood". They just want pretty looking models and just don't care if it works as the real plane would. The release of this into P3D has kinda come and gone without much "to do". Whereas the release of Carenado and people are talking for months about it.

I noticed that too and was pretty bummed out.  The Mustang is still the best out there.  I guess the people wanting the Carenado ones want "new".  I get it.  The E300 is just beautiful but a flawed G1000, frames in the gutter.  The Mustang FADEC, FLC are just about perfect. 

Gregg Seipp

What's this "Obstacles on" lark? I have experienced P3D crashing two or three times when loading the Mustang, and it has baffled me. By the way, Gregg......I am Mogget on the Flight1 Mustang forum :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What's this "Obstacles on" lark? I have experienced P3D crashing two or three times when loading the Mustang, and it has baffled me. By the way, Gregg......I am Mogget on the Flight1 Mustang forum :smile:

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

That YouTube video has me puzzled. I used the FSX version of this plane for several years, and was never aware that it was even capable of displaying these obstacles! There seemed to be very few options available, so I was just happy to leave the screen in default mode.

So, my question is.......why has this guy created a video to teach people how to get rid of these obstacle symbols when I have never seen them at all? :blink:

I guess this is one of the reasons why I have always been very pleased with the performance of the Mustang, both in FSX, and now in P3D. In fact, the FSX version of the Mustang ran with acceptable framerates on my old Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8Ghz/4GB RAM/512MB GeForce 9800GT powered system! As you can imagine, the P3D version runs just fine on my current i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz/16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That YouTube video has me puzzled. I used the FSX version of this plane for several years, and was never aware that it was even capable of displaying these obstacles! There seemed to be very few options available, so I was just happy to leave the screen in default mode.

So, my question is.......why has this guy created a video to teach people how to get rid of these obstacle symbols when I have never seen them at all? :blink:

I guess this is one of the reasons why I have always been very pleased with the performance of the Mustang, both in FSX, and now in P3D. In fact, the FSX version of the Mustang ran with acceptable framerates on my old Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8Ghz/4GB RAM/512MB GeForce 9800GT powered system! As you can imagine, the P3D version runs just fine on my current i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz/16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC.

Yeah, I guess I can't comment yet since I don't own this for P3D.  I had the Mustang in FSX and I don't recall ever doing anything with it to get it to perform better after installation.  It performed fine on my system in FSX without needing to do a thing.  I don't recall if I had the obstacles on the G1000 or not.  So, I'm not sure either but at least this worked or seems to have worked to fix Gregg's issue anyway(and the guy in the video).

All this talk now about this is going to cost me some money now.  Going to have to buy this.  Thanks guys!  LOL :P   

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

It's only $34.95, Kevin B)

And that's a friggin' steal.

Gregg Seipp

It's only $34.95, Kevin B)

And that's a friggin' steal.

Allright, guys.  I've already printed out the manual/checklist.  Just waiting now til I can get home and purchase!   :smile:   Either one of you use EzDok and have a good profile for it?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Oh boy...looks like I'm gonna have to repurchase this to try the obstacles fix.  I returned it for a refund because of stutters...which was at KPHX so maybe the obstacles caused it.  Worth a try can always get another refund.