Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimDimm

PTA and RTMM Shipping AI Project wakes?

I just update Prepar3d from 3.2 to 3.3.5 using the client only. I had the RTMM Shipping project installed before I did the upgrade and just installed PTA for P3D 3.3.5. I deleted the shaders folder and applied the PTA mods.

What I noticed was the same issues with the ship wakes being red or the ship wakes shooting vertical in the sky. Once I reapplied the fixes to the fx_wake*.fx flies from my 3.2 backup file, it went away and corrected the issues.

My question is, did PTA update the .fx files in the effects folder or did something from upgrading the P3D client change the wakes? I'm curious to know and to let other know it's an easy fix to re-apply and over-write the .fx files.

If anyone else is running the RTMM (return to misty mornings) Shipping AI project, have a look and see if you have a similar issue.

BTW - thank you for the great utility and the great presets provided here !!!

Daniel

Some info if you upgrade/downgrade sim while using PTA:

Important! If you upgrade or downgrade version of Prepar3D:

You can't continue using old version of PTA with new or previous version of sim.

Please DO NOT use command "Restore original P3D shaders" from previous/new version of PTA if you have already updated or downgraded sim. Just delete old version of PTA and install relevant version.

However, presets (*.ini files) from different versions of PTA may be compatible. If you need them, please keep in safe place, make clean installation of PTA and return presets in new installation. For presets compatibility issues please read release notes.

Daniel, what you mean "deleted the shaders folder"? Shaders cache? 

PTA modify only these core shaders in ShadersHLSL folder:

Cloud.fx

GPUTerrain.fx 

General.fx 

GPUTerrain.fxh

\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl

\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl

If any of them are already modified by other utilities/tools, PTA should ignore them, not modify.

No other shaders and effect files affected by tool.

Regards,

Daniel, what you mean "deleted the shaders folder"? Shaders cache? 
PTA modify only these core shaders in ShadersHLSL folder:
Cloud.fx
GPUTerrain.fx 
General.fx 
GPUTerrain.fxh
\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
If any of them are already modified by other utilities/tools, PTA should ignore them, not modify.
No other shaders and effect files affected by tool.

The shader cache folder that gets rebuilt under the %appdata% was the one I deleted so It would rebuild the shaders.I tested to make sure 3.2 worked and look bland and lifeless again :) Before I update to 3.3.5 and installed PTA.

I was originally using the RSA with 3.2. I restored my original files and then installed PTA for 3.3.5. I didn't touch anything under the p3d application folders.

So maybe it was caused by the the new P3D client install that caused it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.