Sign in to follow this  
Guest DK8290

Screenshots

Guest Watervillevor

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to capture screenshots as JPEG files? I see screenshots being sent by other people to various forums but no info on how they got the shots.Watervillevor

There are plenty of screen capturing programs out there. Personally I use Ctrl + Print Screen and past it into Photoshop. If you don't have Photoshop you can use your MS Paint program to save it as a JPEG. Using MS Paint give you limited editing abilities though.Kevin

Guest DK8290

I personally use YAFSScreen. http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de/YAFSScreen/I like it because I can choose the file type and compression ( I choose JPG at 100% quality because bitmaps take up so much space...then edit and compress them later) and select the folder where they are saved (I make a new folder for each flight aI want to take pics from). During the flight , just keep tapping PRT SCR button when you want a pic without having to pause or minimize or paste into a graphics program (remember that ordinarily PRT SCR just saves the image to memory and must be pasted and saved into an editor or it will be lost when you press PRT SCR again). After your flight you can go into the folder where the pics are and open them for editing in a real image editor of your choice but personally I wouldn't want an image-editing program running during flight sim just to save resources.I sometimes take up to 150 raw screen grabs in a flight and then weed them out for the best 20 shots for editing.There are other little screenshot apps but some save images to the folder of the program which I wouldn't want.