Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

another nocd post?

Guest panda234

so, I decided to check out the new a300. First impressions btw are great, and the customer support is wonderful. I download it, run the executable, then reboot to get rid of all the "stuff" I have in memory and then start fs using the autostart utility that shuts down my myriad processes that somehow ms allows to run in the background. Now we're at about 5 minutes and counting. So it's chugging away, and chugging away, and I'm anticipating my first flight, thinking I'll do CYVR KSEA first, a short hop with lot's of navaids and a simple ils approach. Waiting, waiting, then a popup that says please insert the fs9 cd in the drive. Argh, I have a sore back and my computer is behind my desk, it's not a simple task to insert the cd, let alone find it. I think ms should recognize that many of the people that use fs are "older." The cd thingy is great if you're trying to discourage kids from copying or lending games, but anyone using fs, with all the addons etc has a lisenced copy. Leave us alone, don't intrude into my living room. I didn't fly then, I just couldn't be bothered. Or just didn't feel like going through the hassle. I have since, and like I say, first thoughts are it's a nice aircraft, but the cd in the tray thingy has to go. The kids that kind of protection is designed for live on the net and just get a nocd file, it only hurts those of us who don't need that aggravation. billg

Regardless of your opinion, Avsim has made it's position clear on this issue. This can of worms has been stirred up enough, and there is no need for yet another long debate on this issue--it's something we all have to deal with and I am most certain our opinions on the issue--and the methods some have used to evade it--have been duly noted by Microsoft.-John