Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

Leatherneck: AJS-37 Viggen

Cobra get the main info sources of Leatherneck AJS-37 Viggen project

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Cobra get info about AJS-37 Viggen develop. Can comming with a AI JA-37 companion.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2839180&postcount=2391
The Viggen is for the most part feature complete. Mostly bug fixing and mission building in progress. 
Artwork has been lagging behind, hence the delay.

Yes, we hope to include a JA-37 (even Di) as an AI companion to the AJS. Doing a full-fledged JA-37Di is a lot of work. Perhaps a lite (FC) version down the line or something. No decisions made yet.
The main reason we've spent time with the Di lately is because it's the only Viggen around my parts (Graz). As mentioned previously, we've spent a lot of time in various AJ/AJS cockpits already.

No Viggen theater yet, more info coming in the future:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2839222&postcount=2396
For now, all Viggen content will be on Caucasus. 
We'll announce concrete theatre plans as we draw closer to a development close on that area.

The Viggen will come with training missions, single missions and two campaigns (mini & extended- extended may be post-release).

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Develop update by Cobra on Leathernenck AJS-37 Viggen project

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2901554&postcount=2865
And just a quick update for everyone:

We're still working on solving bugs and merging new artwork into our existing codebase.
Many of the items in the July update are being checked off-- but we're still a ways out. 

A few odds and ends (features that were "missed" or set as future Todos) are also being taken care of.

It's important to us that the Viggen is a very complete release, so that we can minimize the post-release support timeframe and focus our resources on the F-14 and other, future aircraft.
That said though, due to the size and complexity of the project, in comparison to the MiG-21, it's going to be an all hands on deck situation.

I wouldn't expect more than a few weeks between announcement and release. That's the hope and plan, in any case!

Thanks for all of your support.

Am looking forward to the Viggen!   Hopefully, its not too much longer.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Leatherneck AJS-37 Viggen second teaser, Ghosts and Thunder

LN twitch transmission (28/11 20:00 CET)

• Upvote 2

there is live stream about this plane cet 20:00

looking forward to seeing ground radar

• Upvote 1

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Thank you for reminding me :D I was forgetting about it!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

there is live stream about this plane cet 20:00

looking forward to seeing ground radar

Looking Forward to it.Thanks for info!  :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

AJS-37 Viggen official section open on Leatherneck section on Eagle Dynamics forum

AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulators

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2966690&postcount=1
Swinoujscie, Poland November 28th 2016 – AJS-37 Viggen coming to DCS World!

Leatherneck Simulations, in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, are immensely proud to announce the development of the AJS-37 for DCS World!

The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform. 
The AJS is the 90’s upgrade of this 70’s era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities. 
The aircraft was designed around the pilot, with an excellent man-machine interface, supporting the pilot through the smart use of autopilot systems and HUD symbology in order to deliver the ordnance onto targets from treetop level with high speed attack runs.

Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:
Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.
Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as:
CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target, and fuel calculation systems.
Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.
Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.
Flight instrument systems.
Electrical and hydraulic systems.
Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.
Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:
Multiple radar amplifications and filter settings.
Obstacle detection mode.
Memory mode.
Air-to-Air mode.
Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.
Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.
Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 “Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.
Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores with multiple versions and delivery methods, ranging from rockets, bombs, to advanced air-to-ground missiles such as the command-guided RB-05A and the TV-guided RB-75 “Maverick” missiles.
Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.
Extensive interactive & voiced training tutorials.
Several campaigns and missions including:
Caucasus campaign
Mini NTTR DACT campaign
Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.
Instant action and single player missions.
This is the product of several years of passion and dedication and we are happy to finally announce the aircraft. We hope you will have as fun learning and flying the aircraft as we have had recreating it.

Sincerely,
The AJS-37 Development team,

Leatherneck Simulations.

Leatherneck AJS-37 Viggen, Start sequence, Taxi and Takeoff procedure

Hey Everyone,

We put together a short startup, taxi and takeoff video for you guys. 

For the purists, and those who cannot stand by blabbering (i cant blame you) -- the second one is without VO. :)

• Upvote 3

ED leaked AJS-37 announcement trailer (the same of Leatherneck).

On video description, pre purchase start on December 23 and release January 27 2017