Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Looking for a decent biz jet

Hi all,

I've flown the Flight1 Mustang for years but *sigh* I'm looking for a replacement.  I liked the glass cockpit (as limited as it was) and layout of the Mustang, as limited as it was.  Maybe someday there'll be a new Mustang.  Anyway, I'd like to get one that I didn't need to put the GTN750 in and would like a working autopilot with all modes (including FMC).  I know Carenado has several though I don't really follow them much.  I'd like to hear your suggestions and pros and cons. 

Thanks in advance.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Eaglesoft Citation X is absolutely gorgeous from the outside with winglets.

FMC is as complex as it gets.

Inside panels are a little dated but it handles brilliantly.

I have the Mustang - whilst I might take that for a circuit I'd pick the Citation every time for a trip.

This aircraft is still actively supported in an owners forum by the developers.

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I second the Eaglesoft Citation X. Everything works.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I second the Eaglesoft Citation X. Everything works.

Greg

I have it.  The one thing I liked about the Mustang is I could be up and taxiing in 5 minutes...it's just easy to set up for a flight at the end of a long day.  The Citation X takes me quite a bit longer (as it should...it's a cruiser).   

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

There's really no other option if you want working systems. F1 Mustang or ES C750.

We'll have to wait for the ES C560 and MV LJ60

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The flysimware learjet is 50% off right now

ZORAN

You know somethings up when a add-on Aircraft shows you all the images of the cabin and outside first and the last image shown is the cockpit.

I noticed this with the flysimware learjet

Bob

• Upvote 1

The thing is the guys at Flightsimware  are a switched on bunch of guys so they know why they leave the graphics alone but as a simmer Im really curious as to why they do this. Are the actual graphics the most expensive part of the development and systems are easy peazy? 

ZORAN

I've flown the Flight1 Mustang for years but *sigh* I'm looking for a replacement.  I liked the glass cockpit (as limited as it was) and layout of the Mustang, as limited as it was.

What do you mean by limited? The G1000 in the Mustang was the best G1000 ever released for a home simulator.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

What do you mean by limited? The G1000 in the Mustang was the best G1000 ever released for a home simulator.

No VNAV, no ability to use airways when flight planning, no ability to save flight plans and some other things.  Flight1 even says that their G1000 is light.  As I heard one RW Mustang pilot say, "You live on the VNAV screen".  The closest you do in the Mustang is just use the flight plan without altitudes.  Like I've said in many places, I love the Mustang but my sim is having horrible problems running it so I'm looking to replace it with something different...and, hopefully, close functionally.  

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

Everyone wants a good looking girl friend, and most also want someone with brains too!

Bob

Everyone wants a good looking girl friend, and most also want someone with brains too!

Bob

Yeah, if I wanted another heavy metal I could go that route.  So much to choose from.

Gregg Seipp

No VNAV, no ability to use airways when flight planning, no ability to save flight plans and some other things.  Flight1 even says that their G1000 is light.  As I heard one RW Mustang pilot say, "You live on the VNAV screen".  The closest you do in the Mustang is just use the flight plan without altitudes.  Like I've said in many places, I love the Mustang but my sim is having horrible problems running it so I'm looking to replace it with something different...and, hopefully, close functionally.  

I hear you Gregg and you are right. Compared to the G1000 in the Carenado jets the Flight1 G1000 is very complete, but a you've pointed out it still has flaws compared to the real thing.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I hear you Gregg and you are right. Compared to the G1000 in the Carenado jets the Flight1 G1000 is very complete, but a you've pointed out it still has flaws compared to the real thing.

Yeah...on the verge of greatness I think...but only the verge. 

Gregg Seipp

hhhmmmm... costs of F1 Mustang with G1000 - pretty complete but not full functionality = $34.95 //

costs of >> G1000 STUDENT SIMULATOR PRO
Includes all the features of the G1000 Student Simulator, plus built-in support for integration with the Simkits TRC1000 and the Emuteq G1000. This version is also suitable for cockpit building. Also includes a simulated Integrated Electronic Standby Instrument system (IESI).

$995.00 on CD (Licensed for commercial (non-resell) use. Does not include Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D, or hardware.)

... think I'll stick with the Flight 1 G1000 :smile:

WAT1460.png