Sign in to follow this  
gregda

Cannot get pilot/controller sounds

Hi,

I've just downloaded the trial and trying it out.  I'm unable to hear any voices though.  I'm just using the 'Say it' method for now. Everything seems set up ok with my speakers and headset, but can't hear anything through either.  Also when I try to 'Tst' a voice in the Voices tab there is no sound.  Otherwise it seems the chatter is going across between pilot and clearance looking at the message box text as I got a clearance.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

Based on your description, it sounds like your headset is not set as the default windows listening device.  Find the headset in the Sounds Settings Listening Devices window, select them, and press the "Set as Default" button.  Also, you should check to make sure they are not muted and that they work with the Windows Sound Test.  I've had headsets that took several attempts to get to work with the Windows sound test.

Dave

Hi Dave.  I got sound now but is there a way to hear the pilot/controllers only through the headset and the environment (airplane engine, etc.) through the speakers?  It is either all sounds through headset or all through speakers.

As far as I know, the SIMs use the default listening device for output just like Pilot2ATC, so probably not.  See if your SIM can use a non-default device for listening. 

What I do, is have all the sounds in the headset, but turn the SIM volumes down so it sounds like they are coming from external to the headset.  My family appreciates the quite also.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have gotten the sound and speech recognition working great thanks for the help.  The flight planner IMHO is the best out there bar none.  Just amazing how quickly SID/STARS/Approaches can be visually seen to pick the correct one, then also to add additional waypoints along the way that go in the right place in the plan.  Truly impressed!  The one thing I wanted to ask here is there a way either now or a future enhancement, to use ASN files for historical weather as an option to the live internet feed from NOAA?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

Glad to hear you're liking it.

Using the SIM Weather or possibly taking it from a file is on the future enhancements wishlist.  I haven't looked at it close enough to know if it will be added or not, but I do plan to look at it at some point.

Thanks,

Dave