Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

10.5 B4 - broken plugins

I've still got 2 broken plugins in B4, supposedly Ben fixed it but X-plane will crash.

If I have either DataRefTool or Dafsim plugins loaded it won't make it past the loading screen. Plugin behaviour wasn't supposed to be impacted in 10.5

Going to roll back to 10.45.

On that note I see lots of people copying their whole XPX directory to check the beta, why not just uncheck the beta box in the installer and it will redownload the 10.45 files? Uses a lot less HD space that way. 

mmm weird, i am running xplane  10.50beta4 no plugin issues so far.

-datareftool

-flywithlua 2.4.0 (but not RTH)

-Goflight tool

-Gizmo for the ixeg

-Pilotedge

-Seatraffic

-Skymaxxpro

-Realweather connector

-X-fmc for the 727v2

-xsaitekpanels

-Xplaneconnector (this is a plugin for the brunner forcefeedback yoke)

Manuel Merelles

For me:

Not Working

• SkyMaxx Pro
  • SoundMaxx
  • RealTerraHaze

Working

• SlewMode
  • QuickReload
  • Ship Traffic

I'm not sure what happened to SkyMaxx Pro, the plugin is there, but all I see are the default clouds

I've still got 2 broken plugins in B4, supposedly Ben fixed it but X-plane will crash.

If I have either DataRefTool or Dafsim plugins loaded it won't make it past the loading screen. Plugin behaviour wasn't supposed to be impacted in 10.5

Going to roll back to 10.45.

On that note I see lots of people copying their whole XPX directory to check the beta, why not just uncheck the beta box in the installer and it will redownload the 10.45 files? Uses a lot less HD space that way. 

1. It's wise to test the beta without plugins and 3rd party scenery installed first. You would have to move that around each time you switch between beta and last stable release.

2. The installer isn't meant to work as a backup. It will do so but the results may vary. This is especially true for preferences and some other stuff that gets modified by the user. You might not get back what you once had. Betas including RCs might add up to 9, 10, 11, versions - you will likely screw up your installation in that process.

3. HD space is cheap nowadays. 20 GB for a basic XP beta install....Who cares?

Somebody knows witch DataRefs are affected ? If RTH isn't working it could be something with visibility, clouds, atmo - tweaks..... ?

EDIT:

Already found !!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Becuase it is easy and once the final comes out you can always delete it, better than breaking teh working ver.

I found that when B3 came out and caused problems (which were quickly corrected), it caused some corruption in files (my DC-6 was the most noticeable) which were not corrected by rolling back to the non-beta.  Even trying to reinstall B4 to over-ride the problems was unsuccessful.

As this was a copy of my X-Plane folder made specifically for betas, the solution was to delete the folder and make a new one.  Then I installed B4 and haven't had any problems.  

I do not run any plug-ins other than those require to run NOAA weather and some which were included with aircraft installations.  SkyMaxx Pro, SoundMaxx, and x-camera are my exceptions and are running fine.  Ben has said that RTH is being re-worked by its people.

Yes, this takes some time, but B4 is working fine with my system and it has been worth the hiccoughs (that can be expected) in betas.  When you play with fire, you can expect a few burns.

John

John Wingold