Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[29JUN16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Tech Testing Commences

This thread is only 2 weeks old. It's not even that far out of date! :P

We provide updates when there's something to talk about, though I do appreciate how excited people are getting about it.

When the beta team gets their hands on it, you'll be buried in 744 stuff...no worries.

I thought the beta team already did have their hands on it.

Edit, my mistake, I misread the announcement as meaning both teams had the sim.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I thought the beta team already did have their hands on it.

Edit, my mistake, I misread the announcement as meaning both teams had the sim.

Yeah, Tech Team only at the moment. You'll see much more pictures/posts when the Beta Team gets it, I'm sure.

Kyle Rodgers

the WXR work on the B747s

It was added to the 777 and then rolled back into the NGX. Why would we not add it to the 74?

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Meanwhile, In my perfect fantasy world: 

Aug 1st: Beta begins 

Sep 1st: FSX release

Oct 1st: P3D release

Nov 1st: X-plane release --> this is the one i'm waiting for, really.. 

Dec 1st: 747-8 release in all platforms

Now, wouldn't that be cool?

In my experience, estimating the cost and schedule for any software project is done by picking your worst case.....,  and then multiplying by 3.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, Tech Team only at the moment. You'll see much more pictures/posts when the Beta Team gets it, I'm sure.

Personally, I'd rather they run tests than take pictures, but I know people love the previews, so I can live with it. :P

In my experience, estimating the cost and schedule for any software project is done by picking your worst case.....,  and then multiplying by 3.

Sounds especially like military and government projects. :wink:  But Parkinson's Law (work expands to fill the time available) applies to software too. So if you set a pesimistic schedule you won't achieve that either, so you might as well set a more optimistic one. You probably won't achieve it, but at least it urges people to try.

If you set no schedule at all things drift endlessly.

I was a software project manager for a few years, so I bear the scars...

ki9cAAb.jpg

It was added to the 777 and then rolled back into the NGX. Why would we not add it to the 74?

lol apology for the question that was silly , just had depronto doubt that they could not add for some reason

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

So.......how does one get added to this "beta team" I keep hearing about! LOL J/K, I'm a nobody in the simming world, I'd never get picked even if it was open to applications...LOL

First, I'd like to thank the PMDG team for everything they've done.  I'm pretty new to flight sims and a few months ago I decided that I was getting good enough at it to look into a top of the line aircraft.  I was referred to PMDG and bought the 737 NGX.  I couldn't be happier with that decision.  I like it so much that I don't fly other planes very often anymore.  You guys have done such an amazing job that all the other planes I have (including other payware aircraft) just can't measure up.  With that said, I do have a few questions about the 747 that I hope you can answer:

1) Will it be compatible with the GoFlight MCP Pro?  Currently, the 737NGX works, but I had to buy a separate interface program (from pollypotsoftware.org.uk).  I'm hoping the 747 will either be fully compatible with the GoFlight MCP Pro or that the MCP controls are similar enough to the 737NGX that the interface program I use will still work.

2) It sounds like the -400 will be released first and the -8 will follow some time after.  Is that correct?  If so, is it possible to shed some light on the order of release?  I know you guys can't pin point a date, but will the -400 for FSX/FSX:SE happen first, then the X-Plane version of the -400 and then the -8?  The -8 is the one I'm really waiting for, but I'm getting the -400 as well.

Thanks again for everything you guys do.  The products and support you guys offer are far superior to anything else I've seen.  Keep up the great work!

I will be adding 747 support to the GoFlight Interface Tool.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I will be adding 747 support to the GoFlight Interface Tool.

Best wishes

Steve

Nice!  Will that be a free upgrade for the people who already purchased the GoFlight Interface Tool?

Yes. The product is continually updated at no further cost.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Is GoFlight Interface Tool a PMDG software/hardware? (Otherwise, I don't understand what posts regarding it, are doing in a preview-thread in the PMDG-section)...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1) Will it be compatible with the GoFlight MCP Pro?  Currently, the 737NGX works, but I had to buy a separate interface program (from pollypotsoftware.org.uk).  I'm hoping the 747 will either be fully compatible with the GoFlight MCP Pro or that the MCP controls are similar enough to the 737NGX that the interface program I use will still work.

Welcome to the forum. Full names are required here - first and last.

Hardware compatibility it up to the designer of that hardware (much like a computer mouse is compatible with various OSs, and not the other way around). That being said, the work that we've done to make sure that the 747 can interface with our FDS hardware means that it will also work with a number of other hardware interfaces.

Jump to 23:55 in this video where RSR discusses it (specifically 24:50):

Kyle Rodgers

Hi there. I dont know if this have been asked before, but have the devs confirmed that they are also developing the -800 version? And if so, will they release it with the -400 version or will they sell it separately? Thanks in advance.