Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[29JUN16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Tech Testing Commences

but have the devs confirmed that they are also developing the -800 version?

The -800? No. The -8? Yes. It's actually visible in the post immediately above yours.

And if so, will they release it with the -400 version or will they sell it separately?

Separately.

Kyle Rodgers

General question, how high up do the pilots sit above the ground in the 744 and 748?

Moses Velasquez

The 747 cockpit is a little over 25 feet above ground.

Julian McCoy

The -800? No. The -8? Yes. It's actually visible in the post immediately above yours.

Separately.

Thanks for the clarification. Cant wait to climb back into that cockpit!

I wonder ... is something that is not commercial but dreamlifter this they will shape

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

I wonder ... is something that is not commercial but dreamlifter this they will shape

Google Translate much? It doesn't make sense Steven. But if you're asking if they will also make the Dreamlifter, I haven't seen any indications, but they could always surprise us ;)

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for this hopefully it will be released this year.

Don't forget to sign your full name in the PMDG forums as its a rule to post here, or put it in your signature so you don't have to sign every time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't forget to sign your full name in the PMDG forums as its a rule to post here, or put it in your signature so you don't have to sign every time.

How do i do that.

Alexander Shepherd

How do i do that.

Go to your profile and open the signature button, type name, and save it. Then you won't have to type it every time. The rule only applies in the PMDG forums, so if you don't want to have it displayed all the time, then just type your first and last name at the bottom of each post.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To be honest, I still miss the working "sun blinds", like we had in the MD-11 and the 747-400X. Not for the sun of course, but just for the feel of reality (I'm still refusing to put on my sunglasses behind my PC) Any change we'll get them back in the Queen v3? And maybe also via an update for the NG and the Triple? Although I have to say I can't see these blinds in the NG... Does it by any chance have darkened side windows from itself and no sun blinds at all? I noticed that the outside world always looks a bit darker when viewed through those side windows, in comparison to looking through the front windows.

But for the rest nothing but compliments for you all!!

I work at EHAM (luggage department, I load the AKE's and/or drive them to the airplanes) and sometimes I have the chance to speak to students who are studying at an aviation college but also have to make some money, wich is why they come to work at my department for a while. They also say that PMDG is just as real as it gets and they also use it as a training aid for themselves. It's just really fun to have a discussion with them about handling the airplane and following procedures. And above all: understanding what they say! At those times I almost feel like a real pilot myself. Wich I'm not of course...I'm a SIM-Pilot, and I'm flyin' proud of it!  :D

And you're absolutely right about not adhering to any deadlines. I'm getting sick and tired of all those companies that release unfinished products, not only for our games and pleasure but also for products in the "real" life. And the answer is always the same: Yeah yeah, but we had a deadline. Money money money... :|

Not with you, when I buy something from you it WORKS. And that's the way it should be and the way you should keep it at all times, simple as that.

Keep up the good work!

Robin Heinis

By the way, maybe interesting to know: the NG and Triple both work without a graphics card...just an i7 4790K processor with built-in graphics, but looking beautiful anyway and VERY decent FPS (most of the time around 25) and that's with all the important add-ons that the majority of us use and FSX almost maxed out. Still saving for a top of the line graphics card though.

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

To be honest, I still miss the working "sun blinds" ...

I still envision Prepar3D to includ a realistic dazzling-effect, like in DCS World 2 - have a look here (froogle):

Developers like PMDG could then include the adjustable sun blinds to reduce the effect... This would add such a great amount of realism for approaches performed in the early hours or the evening (e.g. RWY 28 at SFO)

Not really related to the actual topic, but just my hopes for the future :good:

This community is small because it costs too much to buy a computer capable of running it well plus all the thousands of dollars in addons. Until there are converting tools or large developers bringing out xplane products for cheap, FSX and P3D are here to stay - David Lee

BS! It is not your fault but your comment really angers me. I have been all but driven out of a hobby I used to really enjoy by the consequences of short sighted thinking such as yours. For twenty five years between 1980 and 2005, I budgeted £1500 every two years to stay just behind the leading edge hardware. Last month, I was able to buy a second hand laptop for just over €100 that runs FSX reasonably well. The argument of upgrade costs ran ran out of steam years ago but was used by FS2004 users to hold back FSX for five years or more, with the result that FSX didn't sell well even among existing fans, forcing MS to get out of that game because it just wasn't profitable! Remember that from 1982 to 2006 there used to be a ~2 year release cycle with no guarantee of backwards compatibility, yet even today, almost 35 years after it was first released, we still don't have a 64bit simulator other than X-plane.

Even PMDG used to release something significant and different every two years. MD-11 in 2007, JS41 in 2009, 737 in 2011, 777 in 2013. But I must confess that the 747 v3 just doesn't appeal to me. Yet another Boeing? One I already have and know how to fly? Yes it will be very pretty, but will it be as pretty as any modern game release? It can't be unless the world it lives in improves radically, and that requires a stable 64 bit environment, which should have happened around 2009/2010 but FSX wasn't selling enough to justify the investment on a new version, because people like you were complaining about the upgrade costs from 2004!

In my opinion, the reason the community is small and shrinking is because it is not profitable. It does little to attract new members because the standards of simulation are a long way behind the alternatives. And because of the constraints of the sub-standard FSX platform, product release cycles are too long and getting longer, and as a result, it is difficult to retain existing members. All of which means there is no one left to buy the product and make the profit to invest in new product.

• Upvote 4

Hi Paul,

Whilst I am behind most of your argument, where do you source your statement that 'the community is small and shrinking'?

It seems to me that we now have a bounty of new software, with much more to com e.g. swift, CPDLC, EFB v2, UGCX, FTX NA, GSX, P3Dv4 PMDG SDK, additional airports, etc. with which many vendors expect to make a living.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

A good thought-provoking post, Paul, and a lot of weight in those words.