Sign in to follow this  
olivermbs

Prepar3d Hidden after Launch

Hi all,

First of all let me say - many thanks for this excellent freeware tool.

Unfortunately, I have the issue that when I launch a P3D v3 flight using SLX, once P3D is loaded the window is nowhere to be seen. So I see the splash screen, followed by the loading bar and then POOF its gone. P3D however continues to run in taskmanager and SLX reports itself to be connected, the only way to kill it is by ending prepar3d.exe. 

If I start P3D directly then my default scenario is loaded immediately (no scenario setup screen anymore), which is a behavior changed by SLX that I do not want, how can I reverse this?

Any ideas what the problem could be? 

Many thanks

Hi Oliver,

I think it is a Windows issue. I have seen it happen before, even with FSX and even without using SLX to start the simulator. When the main simulator window has disappeared, try to shift-right-click on the taskbar icon and select 'Maximize' or 'Restore'. I hope this helps. If not, please let me know.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Oliver,

I think it is a Windows issue. I have seen it happen before, even with FSX and even without using SLX to start the simulator. When the main simulator window has disappeared, try to shift-right-click on the taskbar icon and select 'Maximize' or 'Restore'. I hope this helps. If not, please let me know.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten,

Many thanks for your help. Strangely enough this problem has never happened to me when not using SLX. Also, I am unable to shift-right-click the taskbar icon as there isn't one there, the only evidence of P3D is the running EXE process in task manager.

I will try and research the issue further and come back to you if I find anything, for the time being SLX is sadly unusable for me.

Best regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Can you please send me your [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.log file after you have launched the simulator using SLX?

P.S.: you can always start the simulator manually (or by selecting Tools|Start Prepar3D on the Profiles window ribbon tab) and then use SLX to launch a flight

thanks, Maarten

Hi Oliver,

do you use Win 10 with virtual desktops? With virtual desktops you see the icon of the application only in that taskbar that belogs to the screen where the application is running.

Cheers, Walter

Hi Oliver,

I saw in your log file that you have set SLX to close after launching the simulator. Does it make any difference when you uncheck this setting (Home|Settings|General|Close SimLauncherX after launch)?

thanks, Maarten