Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Eat Your Heart Out, Harald...

I finally got round to installing the MI-8 AI package, and then went looking for some.

UNNT seemed like a good place to start, but there I found all sorts of interesting visitors. 

ku1SCo.jpg

I chased down the AN-22 - no idea where I got it from - and my word that is a large aeroplane!

I clean forgot to go looking for the helos.

Another time, then, always interesting to visit the Russians out of season!

• Upvote 2

Could that AN-22 be the Rainer Mehlin AI model? On the unitedtrafficteam website there is a Antonov Airlines paint on a AN-22 and the painter used the Rainer Mehlin model.

Hi WingZ,

(I think you meant me...)

very cool!

Yes, I also use the Rainer Mehlin model and I know no other one. Although I have no Russian Army traffic, but Antonov's factory traffic from Kiev-Gostomel to Tashkent and back instead.

UTTT_zpsv8sledf1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Very pretty in Antonov colours! and I will certainly insert that one into the sim.

While I am trying to populate the eastern hemisphere as best I can, there are some language constraints with tracking them.

Generally the readme says something like:

èâàíîâî
òâåðü
ñåùà (áðÿíñêàÿ îáë)

Ãîä ñîçäàíèÿ  1965 
Ýêèïàæ 5-6 ÷åëîâåê 
etc etc :fool:

I don't think the AN-22 I have is the Mehlin mdel, as I found this line in the aircraft.cfg :

description=Model by Dimitri Samborski (aka Samdim, samdim@chez.com)\nPainting by Nikolai Samsonov (aka INS, instruktor@pisem.net)\nFlight Dynamics by Usachev Pavel (aka Usachev Pavel, upavel@inbox.ru) 

Hm, this is an incompatibility between cyrillic text and western setting of windows language (you have to switch to Russian language to have ad least real Russian text - if this helps...).

A Samdim model? Didn't know that he made AI models, or is this a flyable one?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Geyer, Where did you get the flightplans for the Antonov Airlines AN-22? On the United trafficteam website they have paints for Antonov Airlines for the AN-22, AN-158, AN-28, AN-124, and the AN-26 but the only flightplans I found are for the AN-124 and the AN-225 (they were made back in 2008).

switch to Russian language

I'll just stick to Google Translate for now...  :nea:

It does appear to be for AI:

[fltsim.0]
title=AI AN-22 08832
sim=An22
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=08832
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=08832
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=Traffic
ui_type=AI AN-22
ui_variation=08832
description=Model by Dimitri Samborski (aka Samdim, samdim@chez.com)\nPainting by Nikolai Samsonov (aka INS, instruktor@pisem.net)\nFlight Dynamics by Usachev Pavel (aka Usachev Pavel, upavel@inbox.ru)   
visual_damage=0
atc_parking_types=MIL_CARGO
atc_parking_codes=AF22

There are 3 Aeroflot repaints, plus the military one.

WingZ, if you want to check out Rainer Mehil's An-22 the base model is at flightsim. The file name is ai_an-22.zip

Edit: Looks like I got his name wrong. It's Mehil Rainer. Not Rainer Mehil. Sorry!

Thanks! I see there are a couple available, I'll have a play at making them go where they belong.

Where's the AN-124 made? Kiev? 

Name: aian22tr.zip 
Size: 539,204 Date: 01-06-2008 Downloads: 1,221

aian22tr.gif
FS2004 Antonov An-22 for AI. Two new models as a special transport aircraft for the production of the Antonov 124/225. By Mehlin Rainer.

Edit: Ah! wait, this one will fly to Ulyanovsk 

Where did you get the flightplans for the Antonov Airlines AN-22?

To be honest: I invented them, at least for the An-22:

AC#1091,UR09307,10%,WEEK,IFR,1/00:14:25,1/08:59:57,210,R,0000,UKKM,1/12:09:19,1/17:58:50,210,R,0000,LMML,2/05:24:08,2/11:13:39,200,R,0000,UKKM,2/17:39:58,2/22:31:15,210,R,0000,ELLX,3/03:53:58,3/08:45:15,200,R,0000,UKKM,3/15:09:30,3/19:47:31,290,R,0000,EDFH,4/04:24:23,4/09:02:24,280,R,0000,UKKM,4/14:39:37,4/18:18:02,210,R,0000,EDDP,5/00:54:51,5/04:33:16,200,R,0000,UKKM,5/16:59:32,6/01:45:04,200,R,0000,UTTT

The link to the source of my UKKM scenery is dead, unfortunately.

Harald

P.S.: The name of the Author of the AI An-22 is Rainer Mehlin. Obviously, he is sometimes called Mehlin Rainer by calling the surname first. Rainer is a common first name in Germany.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I do have a scenery for UKKM scenery, but I don't know who made it. And thanks for that explanation of the authors name. I wasn't sure which way was right.

calling the surname first
Interesting... is this common in Germany?

His readme is signed "Mehlin Rainer"

On the Mi8 AI front: I've had a look at some of the AFCADs supplied, and they do need some work. The oil rigs for example, put the helo on a mound of water next to the structure...

I have sympathy for this: when you are making AI models and flightplans, it's just an irritation to have to provide somewhere for the things to fly to!

this common in Germany?

Sometimes, particularly for purposes of administration.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Despite the tongue-in-cheek title, this thread is about Russian AI.

The magnificent Tu-154 model by SKJ, never better than in Aeroflot livery:

6xbngs.jpg

I may be missing something, unusual for a shipping container to be used as a pushback truck!

More than made up for by the rest of the model however, which is exceptional:   

ltPnTv.jpg

Not sure if the IL-96 is still in service? this at UUEE also by SKJ and also a great model.

MyS34V.jpg

But actually it's about Russian helicopters, ever since I took the plunge on the MI8 from SBAI.

This Mi-2 is too: when I grow up...

BysZ7h.jpg

...I want to be one of these, or these:

FNic2P.jpg

Mi-6 also does the VTOL trick that many of the SBAI models have. 

You should try this AI Tu-154 model.

Base model

http://www.tuocielo.ru/view_cat_model_en.php?cat2=tu154m&section=model

Some paints

http://www.tuocielo.ru/view_cat_model_en.php?cat2=tu154m&section=textur&sel=any&str=1

Also where are you getting flightplans for the Mi-26 helicopter? I have all the textures download but only have UTair ones installed in my sim. I can't find plans for any of the other Mi-26 paints.