Sign in to follow this  
Guest w2sjw

New payware 737NG panel

Simmers,I just want to share a new payware panel with you all for Kittyhawk, FFX and PMDG 737NG's. It's from PSPanels at http://www.pspanels.co.uk/index.htm for only something less then EUR 5,-. It's briljant, beautiful, full working and great support from Paul Scarratt at his support forum. Maybe AVSIM can make a official review of this panel together with the other superb 737NG of Skydecks http://www.sky-decks.com/?Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest ThrottleUp

Jeroen,Yea that does look like a nice panel! I want to get it but I want to know: does it track the default GPS flight plan? :)

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Not only is the NG panel very, VERY nice, click the Freeware Projects link and check out their free 737 Classic panel. Downloading...-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Guest OneTinSoldier

Back in July 2004 ago I downloaded an FS2004 freeware aircraft/paint for a Frontier Deer Tail FFX 737-300 paint job by AJ Nikoley. It was just so cute, and still is! Right about that time PS Panels had made their freeware/donationware 737 Classic Panel available and I downloaded and installed it into this aircraft. It's an ok panel for freeware, and Yoo Sang Jun's night lighting is a nice touch. Lots of room on this panel for using FS Panel Studio to install more gauges if you want, hehe. One thing that was nice is that I sent in a small donation to them and immediately recieved back a very nice personal Thank You.I have no idea how their 737NG payware panel will stack up against Skydecks though, of which I have never purchased. In might be intersting to see how the two compare. But I do know that SkyDecks has been around a good while, their panel is at v2.2, and they ask $12.95 for theirs compared to $5 for PS Panel's.But as far as replacing PMDG's 2D Panel. Why? Just look at Skydecks screenshots. The ND obviously uses the FS2004 built-in GPS 500 display(even says so) whereas the PMDG default panel uses an extremely nice custom vector graphics gauge(resizeable pop-up even) designed for use with the PMDG NAV database, which is worlds better. Ditto for the PFD. If you don't have the PMDG 737 I could see the desire to get one of these panels. Otherwise, why replace the PMDG 2D panel with one of these? I also have a strong feeling that if you were to use one of these panels to replace the PMG 737 panel that it would not really be compatible, you would lose much of the functionality of the PMDG 737. V1, VR, GPWS callouts? Do these guys include an FMC pop-up window made for use with the PMDG 737? In other words, when it comes to these panels I'm at a loss to understand why you brought them into the picture as an alternative for use with the PMDG 737. Is PS Panel's offering going to be made to work with full compatibilty for the PMDG 737? Somehow I doubt it.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

Nevin,Yes, it follows the FP from FS. You don't have to use a FMC (there is not one in the install). Just make your plan in FSNavigator, save it and load it into FS and fly those 737NG babys.The panel can be used by novice or expert FS Pilots.And, the freeware panel it also great for 737-300/400/500 airplanes.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest william273

i have the classic panel and it is a very fine piece of work. paul is also good with support. am planning on getting the NG too. william

Guest william273

i have the classic panel and it is a very fine piece of work. paul is also good with support. am planning on getting the NG too. william

Guest w2sjw

That 737 classic is just the thing for my 50N 737's until they come out with their own soon...ScottPS - I use SkyDeck's NG with my PMDG's - Sure, PMDG's panel is VERY nice, but a sorry sap like me can't get the hang of FMC's and the like...

Guest dolb

Regarding PSPanels VS Skydecks, PSpanels is almost 1/3 of the cost, And Seems to have more functionality (Obviously Overhead etc..)There are a number of reaons people would choose PSpanels over PMDG's panel (To use in their model).1. FS9/ATC Intergration, Most people want to have ATC! Its very harder to have default ATC with a FMC, Some people just don't like using the FMC and would prefer the default system, For all the people that say 'I want my GPS, How do I add it?' This panel is for you.2. This panel certainely isn't a CTRL+E and fly kind of panel, However the lack of the FMC Does give some room for realtively new users to get aquainted with aircraft systems, Too many times have I seen people waste money on expensive aircraft just to find they don't have the time, dedication, or focus to learn how to use the aircraft properly! For $5 USD you have nothing to loose.3. Some people buy payware for their visual aspects, Not the panel, In relation to number two, the PSpanels 737NG may be better suited to them.What it is NOT, is a competing product to PMDG.You can buy the panel VIA Paypal on PSPanels website and Credit Card on Simmarket :), (Of coarse The price seems to be a tad higher to cover commision costs, So It would be best to buy from PSpanels directly, I guess?)Great Job Paul!

Guest EricL

I'm using the PMDG panel myself, but I downloaded and tried the classic free panel thinking it would be good for my son.I must say I was very impressed by the quality of this panel : very smooth and antialiased gauges, very good functionality and FS integration. Only one drawback : no virtual cockpit is included, so not usable with TrackIR.For someone who just uses FS ATC and fligh plans, I highly recommend PSPanels.Eric.

the virtual cockpit comes with a model, not with a panel.

Guest Ionizeyou

Hello All...Lots have asked about an overhead and such. We listen. Version 3.0 has been in the works for quite some time, and is planned for a near future release with an extensive overhead and other goodies.For more information and screenshots, you can visit this topic over at our support forum here.