Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Safe to delete or remove default aircraft?

Hi all,

Can anyone advise whether it's safe in XP10 to remove the default aircraft from the aircraft folder?

Just really wanting to do a little house cleaning, so that the default a/c (which I never use) aren't listed in the aircraft selection screen ..... but worried that the assets are somehow used elsewhere and it'd cause problems?

thanks.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Yes, don't think it will cause any problem unless you use the AI. But I think the updater will just put them back again whenever you update.

Hi all,

Can anyone advise whether it's safe in XP10 to remove the default aircraft from the aircraft folder?

Just really wanting to do a little house cleaning, so that the default a/c (which I never use) aren't listed in the aircraft selection screen ..... but worried that the assets are somehow used elsewhere and it'd cause problems?

thanks.

I prefer to create my own folders inside the aircraft folder (or even outside), with custom subfolders for categories. More practical than deleting the defaults after each update.

Pascal

Well some of them are used by default for certain specific pre-set scenarios (e.g. glider-tow, air-refuel, carrier/oil rig scenarios, space shuttle scenarios).

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that in some cases, X-Plane falls back to using the default C172 when encountering some issues.

I don't know if deleting them will have any effect other than the ones listed above, but I guess if you ask Ben Supnik, he would advise against doing so. :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that in some cases, X-Plane falls back to using the default C172 when encountering some issues.

Usually this happen when you start the simulator and the latest aircraft you used is no longer available (corrupted, moved, deleted and so on), so X-Plane open the default one instead (C172 now, 180 Avant previously).

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Great, thanks for the pointers guys. Think I'll leave them in and just smarten up and rationalize my folders for payware in there.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)