Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

Addon scenery settings without starting a flight

Hi all,

Is it possible to access the add-on scenery dialog box without first starting a flight? I'm finding I frequently need to change the scenery library settings before each flight. For example, to enable only the airports I intend to use for the flight and uncheck the others. Secondly, anytime I make changes in FTX Central, such as toggling Vector settings, changes to Orbx region settings, then I usually need to enter the scenery library to move my custom airports above the Orbx entries.

But I can't figure out a way to access the scenery library from the Free Flight screen, which I have enabled to open at startup. Is there anyway to access the add-on scenery settings from this screen? Or do you still need to load a scenario before making these changes?

Thanks!

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Many people (including me) use an excellent, freeware program for adding, removing, activating, deactiving, prioritizing and grouping scenery. It works without ever loading the simulation (FSX/FSX:SE/P3D) as it simply accesses the scenery.cfg. 

The program is Scenery Config Editor.  I'm sure you've love it.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You are most welcome my friend.  Be sure to send a thank you to the author... it's excellent software!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I was not aware it worked with P3D.  I use it with FSX.  When I checked the download site, there was no mention of P3D compatibility.

It is a great tool, though.

Stephen Forsgren

I was not aware it worked with P3D.  I use it with FSX.  When I checked the download site, there was no mention of P3D compatibility.

It is a great tool, though.

Hey Stephen,

The compilers may not work, however you can scan the folder(s) for any added FS9 models. I can tell you that P3D did not contain any FS9 models, but they certainly could have been added by a scenery installation or by innocently adding a few models.  There is just no way to distingush between an FS9 and FSX model unless you open it or scan it with a tool such as the one mentioned.

There is another program one can use to scan for FS9 models, but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember what it's called.  I'll post back if I find it.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges