Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

New MD-80 from Flight 1 arriving soon.

It will have a basic 6 liveries, but it will have the Textomatic stuff to apply repaints. So your favorite airline will likely show up pretty quick!

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

It's a DC9.... Super 80

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Very excited about this one. Hey for you experts, what kind of nav systems are we seeing in those screenshots, looks like a new challenge for those of us so use to programming those newer FMC's.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

You know....... those funny looking white buildings that look like they were rejected from Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind... you know... VOR's! And maybe even an occasional NDB :+ Mike

Oh no! I'm going to have to spend money again! And I haven't even had time to fully enjoy the PMDG 744! :-)Looks lovely. It seems the fact that MS is taking extraordinarily long to develop FS10 has given add-on developers the chance to develop so many things for FS9 that FS 9 is really turning into the best sim we have ever had, rather than spending inordinate time patching old things to newer versions of the sim.

>Very excited about this one. Hey for you experts, what kind>of nav systems are we seeing in those screenshots, looks like>a new challenge for those of us so use to programming those>newer FMC's.>>JeffHi Jeff,It sure will be a challange. This DC9 Super 80 has the "Litton LTN-311 Omega/VLF Navigation System",...an early FMS. If I understand things right, you can load a FS9 flightplan aswell as program your own flightplans in the LTN-311. On top of that, you will be able to enter all the variables for VNAV.Is that right Steve?The only thing I can say,..or better,.. hope I will be able to say is,...."Bye bye Lago and MD Max". :-hah Happy landings,http://www.scandicair.com/images/as_banner.jpg

Staffan

Guest flight78

Hi ! looks great but iam still confused. Dc-9 super 80??? will it be a dc-9 or a super 80?? super 80 has 81/82/83/87/88 dc-9 has others so ya plz explain !.Best regards:Alexander

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC-9There you go... a little bit of searching reveals all. Essentially, the aircraft, a development of the DC-9-50, was originally marketed as the DC-9-80 but MD changed the designation just before the launch and then retained that series of designations up to the MD-90.

Guest flight78

Thx ! but it still doesnt answear my question.Best regards:Alexander

I think you'll find that it does if you read it carefully. A DC-9-80 IS an MD-80. It's the same aircraft but the manufacturer changed the designation during development. It's not a case of either/or. I think you are imagining that the DC-9 series is different from the MD* series. They're not - they represent a continuous line of aircraft models from the original DC-9-10 right through to the MD-90. It's just that the series designation was changed by the manufacturer at this point. Remember that the original aircraft was designed by Douglas they merged with McDonald Aircraft Corp in the 60s.