Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Can't decide Flightfactor 767 or IXEG 737

I'm slowly moving to XP for my heavy metal flying as I'm tired of FSX's issues. The question is though which plane should I pick up. I currently have the Rotate Sim MD-80 so Im not sure I need anot her short haul plane but the 737 looks so good. It basically comes down to this

1.which plane is more graphicly pleasing

2.which has better systems.

3.which is easier on frames.

Thoughts?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The IXEG especially in the cockpit, but the 767 isn't far behind.

The IXEG, although again the 767 isn't far behind at all.

Both are great, but I've only ever had intermittent FPS problems with the IXEG. The 767 is smooth as silk 99% if the time.

You have to remember that the 767 is pretty stable at this time, while the IXEG is getting constant hotfixes, This is good in that the devs are paying a lot of attention to their product and problems always get promptly addressed by the friendly and helpful staff on their forums, but bad as sometimes the hotfixes mess things up and cause strange issues (for example, I get pauses when entering info into the FMC ever since upgrading the v1.0.5). I'd recommend that you get the 767 for now. It's stable and a lot of fun to fly, and buying the IXEG later can only be beneficial as it would have had that much more time to mature and get bug fixes. 

• Upvote 1

I dont have FF 767 but I do the IXEG 737

1. Extremely graphically pleasing.

2. Cant comment as I don't have the 767

3. Excellent on frames.

and the sounds of IXEG's 737 are beautifully done and  pleasing to the ear.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I dont have IXEG 737 but I do the FF 767.  I considered the IXEG but settled on the PMDG DC-6 instead.  Love that old bird.

John

• Upvote 2

John Wingold

I dont have IXEG 737 but I do the FF 767.  I considered the IXEG but settled on the PMDG DC-6 instead.  Love that old bird.

John

I was on Beta for the DC-6 its a great plane!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm slowly moving to XP for my heavy metal flying as I'm tired of FSX's issues. The question is though which plane should I pick up. I currently have the Rotate Sim MD-80 so Im not sure I need anot her short haul plane but the 737 looks so good. It basically comes down to this

Thoughts?

Well.. if you feel you don't really need another short-haul I would go for the 767. I would say they are quite close to one another in terms of your three points you value. 

I would get them both, though.. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well.. if you feel you don't really need another short-haul I would go for the 767. I would say they are quite close to one another in terms of your three points you value. 

I would get them both, though.. 

Yea I decided to,they both seem top notch and we need more devs like them in XP

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Currently on FSX.SE but looking at either XPX or P3D to migrate to and can't decide which...the XPX 767 looks very nice and read the PC Pilot review.

spacer.png

the 767 is pretty decent, haven't flown it much though since I purchased the IXEG on day one!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have them both and they're both the cream of the crop for XP10 airliners but the IXEG definitely wins it. Just a few more touches of quality and immersion. The engine sounds in the FF767 are - IMHO - it's weak spot (although it's ambient sounds are amazing). The IXEG is just stunning.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Guest JustanotherPilot

As a casual XP10 user I was disappointed with the IXEG 737, yes it's fun, and gives you the opportunity to fly the 300 variant but, I guess, I was spoilt with the pmdg 737ngx in Prepar3d/FSX, I've been looking at the Flightfactor 767 but at the end of the day, XP10 lacks a lot of the gloss of the other platforms with scenery and addons(no, I'm not trying to start any "mine is better than yours" argument, just expressing an opinion) having said that, I'm really looking forward to XP11, which could be a game changer.

I was on Beta for the DC-6 its a great plane!

Thanks for your help in producing a great aircraft!

John

John Wingold

As a casual XP10 user I was disappointed with the IXEG 737, yes it's fun, and gives you the opportunity to fly the 300 variant but, I guess, I was spoilt with the pmdg 737ngx in Prepar3d/FSX, I've been looking at the Flightfactor 767 but at the end of the day, XP10 lacks a lot of the gloss of the other platforms with scenery and addons(no, I'm not trying to start any "mine is better than yours" argument, just expressing an opinion) having said that, I'm really looking forward to XP11, which could be a game changer.

This response does not help the OP in any way and your comment is definitely A vs B. 

• Upvote 6

Thoughts?

- They are both made with slightly different methods, but both are quite good....I never actually liked the light brown in the 767 cockpit but that is how it was in the real world.

- At the moment the 767 has a more complete package but it's focus is on package rather than system accuracy...am not saying it is totally wrong, just that it works, but may not be 100% accurate. The IXEG aims for accuracy but in this quest, quite a few systems are not yet modelled or modelled as work-in-progress. Having said that, both aircraft are actually really good fun to fly, regardless of current state. There is nothing there that will stop you from using them as they were intended.

- They are both about the same, which is great news for everyone....very good frame-rate wise.

So it really comes down to how you want to use them/what type of flying you wish to do/your preference for a wide bodied 767 or narrow body 737...

I have both, and really enjoy them....I just wish the 767 would get the updates and attention the 737 gets from its developer....that is one thing that is truly setting a high bar at the moment....the IXEG team are standing by their product and very active in many forums assisting, gathering data and providing/receiving feedback.

Good luck with your choice.