Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Can't decide Flightfactor 767 or IXEG 737

I've been using XP since V10 first came out a few years ago. Before that I was a heavy FSX/P3d user. 

The IGEX, 737 was the first airliner I purchased in a long time for X-plane and it totally changed the way I use x-plane. Its so good, I hardly fly anything else now. Along with Mister x6 sceneries and some pay ware airports, and I'm in heaven now.

This, coming from a guy who never understood why people chose to fly airliners in flight sims. I thought they were boring. but now, I can't peel myself away from it.  I've flown airliners (PMDG) in FSX, and I never really took to it. FSX/PD3's blurry scenery and low frame rate and memory issues, turned my off to flight sims almost completely. I started to look for another hobby altogether. 

When X-plane 10 came around, I got into flying GA planes only for a few years. I didn't find airliners appealing and didn't think it would be X-planes strong point anyway.  I guess I stand corrected now, because its all I can fly now.

I don't have the 767 yet, so I cant comment on it. However, I can recommend the IGEX 737. It runs great and is a pleasure to fly. I still have a lot to learn with it, so I don't see myself jumping into anything else for a while, but eventually, I will pick up the 767 too.

Rob 

• Upvote 2

This response does not help the OP in any way and your comment is definitely A vs B. 

Thousands of my comments are definitely A vs B.  But unlike the OP, I don't have FSX issues. 

If you're actually new here, I do use both sims. 

Guest JustanotherPilot

This response does not help the OP in any way and your comment is definitely A vs B. 

I thought stating my disappointment with the 737, as a user, would help in the decision making process, and as a user of XP, I think I'm entitled to an opinion, which I consider not to be A v B 

I thought stating my disappointment with the 737, as a user, would help in the decision making process, and as a user of XP, I think I'm entitled to an opinion, which I consider not to be A v B 

I think far more helpful would be stating why you are disappointed with the IXEG 737...just stating you are, is of very little help.

• Upvote 3

Bought both and the 727....expensive day but wow these planes put anything in FSX to shame. Quick question where is  the

I dont have IXEG 737 but I do the FF 767.  I considered the IXEG but settled on the PMDG DC-6 instead.  Love that old bird.

John

Where is the panel flood switch on this plane? I found the dome light,and instrument lights but not the panel flood.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

As a casual XP10 user I was disappointed with the IXEG 737, yes it's fun, and gives you the opportunity to fly the 300 variant but, I guess, I was spoilt with the pmdg 737ngx in Prepar3d/FSX, I've been looking at the Flightfactor 767 but at the end of the day, XP10 lacks a lot of the gloss of the other platforms with scenery and addons(no, I'm not trying to start any "mine is better than yours" argument, just expressing an opinion) having said that, I'm really looking forward to XP11, which could be a game changer.

I use both XP10 and FSX and personally, I found it pretty deflating going back to the PMDG NGX after flying the IXEG. mainly around cockpit modelling and texturing. The NGX is a 2011 product and visually I think its starting to show. The IXEG is not as full featured but is in constant development and the road map includes most of the features that the ngx has.

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Where is the panel flood switch on this plane?

There are about 12 switches/rheostats that control different areas of the panel and cockpit in general.  Without firing things up this morning, memory tells me that the pilot and co-pilot panels are on their respective sides with two switches/rheostats each.  One for red and one for while lighting.  If you found the dome light (on the overhead) more or less in front of the pilot's position, look to the right (toward the center) and you will find multiple controls which look like that one. Most of them are for red lighting and they each control a different area of the panel.  You can also find controls for white lights in that area and balance them out, but I fly primarily with the red.

John

John Wingold

Hi,

I was a happy p3d user until I saw the videos from Jan Vogel (IXEG team member an 737 classic pilot and avsim member Janov). Now I am a very happy x-plane user and IXEG pilot.

Kind regards

Tom

Btw: If you think I want to influence your decision, then you are right :BigGrin:!

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Where is the panel flood switch on this plane?

Look just to the left of the booster switches for the main (panel) white light control.

John

John Wingold

Get both. I wouldn't routes and size of aircraft dictate what type of plane to buy/fly in sims. If it's a fun aircraft to fly, buy it. I know of a certain 747 that does short flights all the time. I.E. VC-25.