Sign in to follow this  
staffguy12

Autopilot

not sure if anyone else is having this issue but everytime i try to fly to different vors the autopilot doesnt go to the next one it will stay on the current heading no matter what heading i turn the OBS to and even if i do get it to turn it will sometimes just circle an area with out deviating i was just on a flight out of memphis heading to my second vor and when it captured the vor and gave me the dme reading i couldnt use the OBS it had the two red arrows is this something on my end that im doing wrong or something else

not sure if anyone else is having this issue but everytime i try to fly to different vors the autopilot doesnt go to the next one it will stay on the current heading no matter what heading i turn the OBS to and even if i do get it to turn it will sometimes just circle an area with out deviating i was just on a flight out of memphis heading to my second vor and when it captured the vor and gave me the dme reading i couldnt use the OBS it had the two red arrows is this something on my end that im doing wrong or something else

Sounds a lot like you're trying to use the VOR in VOR 2 for navigation (you can't), or you're leaving your CDI in GPS mode without a flight plan.

Kyle Rodgers

so heres what i do kyle i start up the aircraft like normal in the GPS display i make sure its on VLOC then i tune my saitek panel NAV1 to my VOR frequency i take off fly to about 1-2k feet i turn on pilot gyro click the lever then turn the knob to the localizer setting it flies normal to the first vor then i tune the second vor in the stby i wait until i am about 1.5 miles out from the first vor then i switch the stdby frequency to active i turn obs to the right heading but the plane continues on its current heading and doesnt deviate to the new course heading the only way to make it work is by completely shutting down autopilot and reingaging it like i said is this a bug on my end or a new one that is just now forming

I'm not sure what you do is wrong, but personnaly after following the two tutorials for the first flight I did on my own, I make sure to accompangy the change. I get the AP back to gyroscope a little before getting to the VOR, and accompagny the turn with the roll control knob to get on the right direction, in the mean time changing frequency/OBS heading and all. Then once I'm not too far from the new direction I want to go, I will switch back the AP to Localizer mode and then it will start tracking the VOR. I've had no issue doing things this way.

so heres what i do kyle i start up the aircraft like normal in the GPS display i make sure its on VLOC then i tune my saitek panel NAV1 to my VOR frequency i take off fly to about 1-2k feet i turn on pilot gyro click the lever then turn the knob to the localizer setting it flies normal to the first vor then i tune the second vor in the stby i wait until i am about 1.5 miles out from the first vor then i switch the stdby frequency to active i turn obs to the right heading but the plane continues on its current heading and doesnt deviate to the new course heading the only way to make it work is by completely shutting down autopilot and reingaging it like i said is this a bug on my end or a new one that is just now forming

Again, it's probably your own work flow. Please fly the second tutorial flight to see how it's supposed to be done.

Kyle Rodgers

ok and if it still does fly correctly should i repost

Always nice to hear back, yeah.

Kyle Rodgers

hey kyle got it back to fly correctly i do not know what happened or why but i uninstalled the aircraft then reinstalled it and i did a test flight from KPHX to KIWA and it flew the correct radial i was thinking i am doing a lot of tweaking and wondered what if a file had gotten corrupted from a scenery or something that made the navigation go haywire on me 

hey kyle got it back to fly correctly i do not know what happened or why but i uninstalled the aircraft then reinstalled it and i did a test flight from KPHX to KIWA and it flew the correct radial i was thinking i am doing a lot of tweaking and wondered what if a file had gotten corrupted from a scenery or something that made the navigation go haywire on me 

Doubtful. To be honest, the uninstall/reinstall just obfuscated any possible way of figuring it out what did fix it. My bet is that it's coincidental.

Glad to hear it's working though!

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle i have to say i do love this aircraft no matter how temperamental it is she is a fun plane to fly i showed my uncle it and he was very impressed on the level of detail you guys put into it 

Kyle i have to say i do love this aircraft no matter how temperamental it is she is a fun plane to fly i showed my uncle it and he was very impressed on the level of detail you guys put into it 

Glad to hear it!

Kyle Rodgers