Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Can Anyone Shed Light On This, Please?

Every time I fire up FSX=SE, I get this error. Click Ok and re-start FSX-SE, and it loads the sim normally after that.

Has anyone seen this type of error when first firing up FSX-SE, or an idea what is causing this, and how to rectify it?

Thanks.

FSX-SEStarterror.jpg

Thanks for that link, Zoran, but neither of those apply to my error. I have posted it at Steam's forum as it's their product.

Rick,  Maybe Delete Or Move your saved Flights out of Documents?   

Thanks, Elaine. Will try that suggestion. As a habit before every flight, I do delete all the Autosaves, etc, etc.

Hi Elaine. Tried your tip. In fact completely uninstalled FSX-SE and re-installed afresh------still same error------and that after installing FSX-MS on its own first, which did not throw up that Error Flag. Have asked DTG Support about this, but have not heard from them.

Please feel free to correct me if I have got this wrong as it seems I've just had the best laugh today. Received a response from Dovetail Games support today, who claim that Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition is NOT their product, and 'cannot offer support for a third party piece of software'.

I find that a tad odd because AFAIK, DTG brought FSX-SE out and sold it through their DLC portal, Steam. bit now, all of a sudden it is not their product, yet look what at the Steam support page shows.

DTGLink.jpg

SteamSupport.jpg

Strange behaviour from DTG.

I have a boxed version of FSX sitting on a shelf in front of me, don't use it! Installed FSX steam alone along with a fresh install of Win 10 on a Sandisk 490 GB SSD. It's faster and smoother and give me more FPS's than the boxed edition ever did. Steam FSX handles VAS way better than MS-FSX. Don't get mad at me, I was surprised too! Bought steams ASN and  Rex soft clouds as well. I love the whole deal now, it works perfect, period!

ASUS Saber Tooth v.1 8350 8GB ram ASUS amd r 390 4GB video card. Two DVD drives. Oh a 1000 watt PSU.