Sign in to follow this  
anyfong

PMDG Operations Center: livery manager (and other settings) not showing

I have just installed PMDG 737 into P3D V3 and the livery manager and other settings under the aircraft menu in the operations center is not showing. I have V3 installed under C:\Prepar3d v3 while the operations center is under C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center. I moved P3D back to the original default location as C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 but the livery manager still doesn't show. What should I do to make the livery manager appear again?

It worked when I had FSX with Windows Vista 64 bit when FSX was at the default location as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX. Now I changed my operating system to Win 10 64 bit so I have to purchase the PMDG for P3D again. Otherwise the aircraft works perfectly.

I moved P3D back to the original default location as C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 but the livery manager still doesn't show.

If you dragged and dropped instead of uninstalling/reinstalling to do that it probably made the registry more of a mess than it already is. Always reach out to support first.

What should I do to make the livery manager appear again?

Did you select an aircraft in the drop down menu first?

It worked when I had FSX with Windows Vista 64 bit when FSX was at the default location as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX. Now I changed my operating system to Win 10 64 bit so I have to purchase the PMDG for P3D again. Otherwise the aircraft works perfectly.

Wait a sec...are you attempting to use the FSX version in P3D?

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

No I'm not using FSX version in P3D. I just bought the P3D version; I mentioned the FSX version because I want to point out that the livery manager worked for the FSX version in my other computer. I already selected the aircraft in the drop down menu and is still blank. Also I've already sent a ticket and will also consider uninstalling and reinstalling PMDG to try to solve the problem.

No I'm not using FSX version in P3D. I just bought the P3D version; I mentioned the FSX version because I want to point out that the livery manager worked for the FSX version in my other computer. I already selected the aircraft in the drop down menu and is still blank. Also I've already sent a ticket and will also consider uninstalling and reinstalling PMDG to try to solve the problem.

Uninstall reinstall rarely ever fixes anything and can actually just make things worse.

This is likely a registry issue.

Kyle Rodgers

So from the ticket someone said that I should run the PMDG registry mechanic here: http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file_library/PMDG_RegistryMechanic.zip

But the aircraft menu is still blank. When I first run the PMDG 737 installer it did not work, but I got around by doing the regedit operation as in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTTWmF4gTg

Also from the same ticket, someone mentioned the Estonia Migration Tool, and that it confuses the registry and it is not something supported by PMDG. I don't have that, so that is certainly not the problem.

Ticket ID: 115-1F070592-041D

I should have posted the screenshot of the issue earlier, so here it is. The red text and the lack of "Buy Now" button clearly indicates that it found a 737 installation, but somehow the livery manager and other settings are missing from the menu.

Link to screenshot: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/COkcD0fib0Ezi0hWRyQ6V5Mp3yaQyNAFqQFYUH9-EpY0TDZDD2QsfcExvaLAVcYPfBRIifzgVQ2PFcnSV235cIe63lov-E47UnSVEmaDJJxvNsjGBHcKqNoMN_ac-TXwNzAAf-PbHbN-UrZqNFyw98WqxfoKGuJ047rw7t7U0KjArtZXABuF2mVCu191Lr039hdUCdypkINUEpQq6t1SE3x1Vg6Q6_7hXW8prECl1QAY03Wb8-619qY4DIW2VHRp8qFmx1PkIbGTWSa9xIr2SZCmta9DB_4zxEXC--mkqcID729MfaKBRLMhS5sgnYH6lW26DQKYkyunpS9II2WvhfgatsZ2zVCtFQ62vwE5Trlu_6IJPQ99Chph9E8uQYFWv534z95IqXG3D6drPXeOMNRkNb86PUskTYDtYsJ86KLbVkt1ZICqrET3f67NecaZorS4uWXnQQhK1cOSwRHYxbQjsU508O5FPYER6rhe0Y9JSkFlk9gZQf43V3jg_IO1sdJ3bwe_tvlp5uPQq8So2JkwiDj2EmsD7vdnhRy8OuCNNIbFIqn7EQJJhpXzpPrzbpDQfsTaDvpo1rcHAdDSYT_FnNTCHQ=w1101-h655-no

Ok I cannot figure out how to attach the PMDG support package files so I'll copy and paste both files:

Good grief man, if you have an open ticket with PMDG Product Support you really should be communicating with PMDG directly and not trying to fix this in the user forum (this is a user forum, PMDG has a presence but it is a user forum).

After pasting that long long dump did you happen to notice that the OC is not finding any simulator installed in your registry? This is the problem. Maybe the problem was created by another rogue program or by your own attempts to repair your registry but my guess is you have a problem that needs a windows systems knowledgeable person to help you fix.

If you are working with PMDG Product Support via an open ticket, stick to that. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good grief man, if you have an open ticket with PMDG Product Support you really should be communicating with PMDG directly and not trying to fix this in the user forum (this is a user forum, PMDG has a presence but it is a user forum).

After pasting that long long dump did you happen to notice that the OC is not finding any simulator installed in your registry? This is the problem. Maybe the problem was created by another rogue program or by your own attempts to repair your registry but my guess is you have a problem that needs a windows systems knowledgeable person to help you fix.

If you are working with PMDG Product Support via an open ticket, stick to that. Good luck.

I already solved the problem. It was a registry issue. I entered a string value as SetupPath under a P3D folder in regedit and it worked.