Sign in to follow this  
Horizons

Vehicle menu not loading.

Hi!

P3d crashed and froze my pc today. Did a complete reinstall (no addons) and everything worked fine.

Installed the 737 ngx and loaded it up - all screens black and no click spots working. Did all of the things in the readme file - now the vehicle menu won't load.

Uninstalled the aircraft - vehicle menu is still not loading.

Did a complete reinstall of p3d again, and redid the steps mentioned above - still got the same outcome.

Any suggestions?

This might ofc be a p3d problem, but I have to start asking somewhere:)

My specs are:

i7 6700K 4.0ghz

GTX 980

16gb ram

Windows 10 pro

Best regards

Any suggestions?

What is the default aircraft in the sim?

When you're starting the sim what is the very first thing that you see?

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

The very first thing I see is the p3d scenario setup and the default aircraft is the f-22 raptor.

- Fredrik

Sorry for ignorance, but what is the "vehicles menu"? Does PMDG has some vehicles?

My guess it ha got to do with p3d since its not in fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did all of the things in the readme file - now the vehicle menu won't load.

Are you sure you went through all of the steps? You installed all of the SimConnect files?

Also: reinstalls are one of the last steps you should take in troubleshooting. If they're not done correctly, they can actually make things worse.

Kyle Rodgers

My guess it ha got to do with p3d since its not in fsx

Ah ok, I have fsx and after 10 years of using PMDG, reading this I was thinking that I missed something for all those years... LOL!!!

Are you sure you went through all of the steps? You installed all of the SimConnect files?

Also: reinstalls are one of the last steps you should take in troubleshooting. If they're not done correctly, they can actually make things worse.

I'm completely sure I went through all of the steps.

Just did a full reinstall of p3d v3.3.5 - now it's loading me directly into the f-22 flightdeck at some random airport, and still not able to load vehicles.

Went to the redist folder and installed the SimConnect files, but still not working. Looks like I will be opening a topic over at p3d aswell...

Just did a full reinstall of p3d v3.3.5 - now it's loading me directly into the f-22 flightdeck at some random airport, and still not able to load vehicles.

If this is the case, it's more than likely a P3D issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like there is no solution to this over at p3d either! *opens whisky bottle*

Thanks for trying atleast:)

Thanks for trying atleast:)

Don't give up.. although a shot sounds good...,  In P3D you should be able to open a window from which you select vehicles. Is this what is missing?? If so, then your P3D installation has a problem. However, if you get this window then we move to the next step:  Sort the list by Publisher and see if you can find PMDG in the publisher column.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I get the window, but nothing loads. Also doesn't work searching for pmdg by sorting the list.

I get the window, but nothing loads. Also doesn't work searching for pmdg by sorting the list.

Okay, so the Select Vehicle window opens and it doesn't contain any vehicles....not even the many default that are installed with P3D.  Your P3D installation has a significant problem, this list should include the F-22 that the simulation starts you in at default start.

I'd recommend you remove anything considered "add on" and get back to the simulator by itself and try to get it working. Be sure to use the windows control panel or add on installer to uninstall things; do not just delete files and folders please. Once you have a bare P3D, there are many in the LM forum that can help you get running again.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did a full reinstall and it's currently working.

Have installed OrbX base, aerosoft a320/321 and a couple of airports. I'm too scared to install the ngx:(

Have installed OrbX base, aerosoft a320/321 and a couple of airports. I'm too scared to install the ngx:(

Nobody has ever reported here (that I've seen) an installation of the NGX "breaking" the Prepar3D platform. Just be sure to look at the readme file and run the installer as admin.

Dan Downs KCRP