Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

Whats the best Traffic Add on

Guest samhain1

Hi there,New to this world but not impressed with basic traffic.What is the best add on traffic package available FS2004many thanksSam

Guest OneTinSoldier

Well this topic has been asked many, many, many times. You could use the search function that's available to read the numerous threads and ensuing hundreds and hundreds of posts about this topic.But imo, if you want an extremely easy installation of nice AI Traffic which includes custom GA Traffic(models, paints and all) then I rcommend MyTraffic2004. But I say this as a happy customer who has never tried out Ultimate Traffic or Traffic2005 or downloaded freeware AI Traffic packages(which I believe entails downloading and installing numerous packages). I am only familiar with MyTraffic2004 v2.1 and it has served me very well. It's available at SimMarket but here's a link to the MyTraffic 2004 web page.http://www.mytraffic2004.com/I am certain you will receive a number of other opinions about this question.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

I'd recommend Ultimate Traffic, simply because of the fact that it is based on real world schedules from around the world and has the most traffic of all commercial packages, as far as I know. I don't own any other traffic package - my knowledge is still from what I extract out of the reviews.

Guest Blazer

Hello. I have MY TRAFFIC 2.1 / 2004 and am happy with this addon. I have not tried Ultimate Traffic but from the different threads I've read regarding this product,it gets a high rating.I have seen Ultimate Traffic on my friend and fellow simmers FS 9 and I found it to be quite complex for me. This is not a knock on the product,I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to configuring addons and such. Regards TH

Guest JIMJAM

Ive got both U Traffic and My Military traffic.Ult traffic has the better looking, more detailed airliners.My Traffic look REALLY bad up close.But you can really have a packed airport and the fps hit isnt that bad. UT on the other hand can really slow things down especially at the big airports.I never really sat down and ever figured out UT. Confused me but I assume you can really get specific as to which plane,airline goes where and when.For me I just wanted to crowd the skies and add some life. I could care less about real schedules or sit and stare at the detailing as they taxi by.so bottom line I guess is if you just want more planes and add some life to the airports, get My Traffic.If you want real world, or so they say, flight times and real airlines and the ability to tinker and micro manage, get UT.

Guest koorby

I have both MyTraffic 2004 and Traffic 2005 and I favour MyTraffic - it seems to place more GA and regional airline traffic in remote airports such as PAKT etc. IMHO the "tower mode" and follow-me car in Traffic 2005 are a little gimmicky and not a swaying reason to purchase it.

Guest panda234

kind of a personal question, but I use UT, and love it. Great product and great support. You can't go wrong...billg

I own MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic and Traffic2005.Overall I use UT because (1) I like the real world based schedules and the semi-annual new schedules (2) I find the shell program extremely easy to use and very comprehensive.The differences in the package boil down to a couple items:SchedulesMyTraffic - representational - appropriate airlines in appropriate regions with approximately correct volume of trafficUltimate Traffic - based on real world schedules of over 900 airlines - looks suspiciously like OAG or Sabre dataTraffic 2005 - representational - appropriate airlines at appropriate airports - 24 hour schedules for each aircrft between only two airportsInterface / UpdatingMyTraffic - manual - no interface / shellUltimate Traffic - automated download - select to add new repaints if you wish - one shell interfaceTraffic 2005 - multiple utilities - good interfaceAdditional aircraft / GAMyTraffic - several Chuck Dome based GA models - military additional availableUltimate Traffic - uses default GA aircraft - ability to import GA schedules and assign aircraft as additional airlinesTraffic 2005 - some better newer GA models - and multi-LOD helicopters - a first for the AI worldYou will not be completely happy with the repaints or models from any of these packages. But they give you a solid base.A top level repaint, model and most FPS friendly AI world takes many man hours to build. With one of the these packages - you have a solid base to make your AI world much better.If you stay at only the major airports - you might want to consider the freeware packages from www.projectai.com and www.world-of-ai.com.Those can give you a solid base - many people work from those to build their AI world without spending a penny.

Guest ozpilot

Ultimate traffic is great - is not hard to install and use