Sign in to follow this  
NZ255

Low droning brake sound on landings?

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a product that gives you the low drone of the brakes when landing an aircraft.

I'm not sure how often it occurs, I've seen it in a few videos, but I think it'll really add something to landings.

Here's an example:

https://youtu.be/T8o9rS5pWhw?t=4m25s

I guess it would have to be dynamic, so not something a simple wav file will simulate.

Thanks

I didn't hear the brakes, what I heard were the tires on the runway (payment).

However there are a few products which offer enhanced brake (and I believe tire) sounds. I don't have any experience with them except for Accu-Feel, which was excellent.

Freeware

Free Dolby Cockpit Sounds for FSX

Ground Handling Gauge by Rob Barendregt. Important to read the forum post on this application.

Payware

Accu-Feel:Core FSX Enhancement by A2A (Very, Very Good)  Read Forum Post, View Video

FSPS - Dolby Cockpit Sounds FSX

3D Real Cockpit Effects  (has video)

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Best wishes

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I didn't hear the brakes, what I heard were the tires on the runway (payment).

Ah ok, perhaps I should've been more descriptive. You mean the sound that sort of winds down as they're slowing down is the tires? Particularly from this point in the video https://youtu.be/T8o9rS5pWhw?t=4m55s

I'll have a look at those products you mentioned.

Thanks!

Ah ok, perhaps I should've been more descriptive. You mean the sound that sort of winds down as they're slowing down is the tires? Particularly from this point in the video https://youtu.be/T8o9rS5pWhw?t=4m55s

I'm with Dave. Sounds more like a combination of tire treads on a grooved runway. You can see them at ~5:20.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days