Sign in to follow this  
scotth6

France Photoreal freeware

Great thanks!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

A very generous thing to do for the community, Scott. It must have taken a lot of hard work to do water masking for it aswell. Much appreciated.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

very kind Thank you

ZORAN

Very good news, seems to be a massive project. Appreciate some screenshots from early adopters.

Hans

Excellent work. Gonna take a while download them but will be worth it and at the right price  :smile:

ZORAN

here are some screenshots taken over recent months:

Looking great indeed. A map for easier finding the right files would be nice. Do I assume correctly that the files go straight into a new "scenery" folder under addon scenery, like /addon scenery/France photoreal/scenery?

Hans

Looking great indeed. A map for easier finding the right files would be nice. Do I assume correctly that the files go straight into a new "scenery" folder under addon scenery, like /addon scenery/France photoreal/scenery?

Yeah I will try to make up a map at some point.  There is some explanation in the thread at OzX on how the files are numbered and grouped.  I am still uploading files at this point too, but I will try to make a map when I get a chance.

I actually have my France PR split in 9 volumes just due to the size of the total scenery (170GB in total).  I'm not 100% sure on the benefits of this performance wise, so you could also just put all the files in one FrancePR/Scenery folder.  The zip files do contain individual bgls, so yes they need to be put in to a scenery folder and added to the sim with an entry in the scenery.cfg.  It's important to note that the FrancePR/Scenery folder can be located anywhere on your PC, not necessarily in your FSX or P3D root folder.  As long as it's directory location is added to the scenery.cfg then the scenery will appear.

That sure looks fantastic Scott, many thanks. What resolution do you use, is it 1m or 2m/pixel 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

That sure looks fantastic Scott, many thanks. What resolution do you use, is it 1m or 2m/pixel 

Thanks.  I used 60cm per pixel imagery.  Originally I had a lot of it done at 60cm per pixel, but when I decided to upload it I resampled the majority of it down to 1m per pixel to save on disk space and uploading/downloading time.  I think 1m per pixel probably loads a bit faster too, helping with performance and memory management.  I have kept all of the coastal areas at 60cm per pixel.  Originally the total size would have been around 400GB but after resampling down to 1m the total size for France, Luxembourg and Switzerland is about 170GB.

I must say it doesn't seem to be helping with uploading times.  That is painfully slow.  Hopefully the downloads are working a bit better.

Many thanks Scott.  All your work is much appreciated.  Have downloaded all 37 files from Google at a very reasonable 8Mbs.  All unzipped but as yet not installed. Thanks again.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Oooooo. Now you're seriously tempting me. I'd given up with photoscenery (funny colour casts and bad blending stopped a massive European photoscenery project I had on the go), but these are very good. Hmmmmm...

Thanks for sharing this great scenery Scott!

Excellent job! :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'm having a few difficulties downloading these files, mainly due to technical stuff I don't fully understand (Such as HTTP 403:Forbidden errors), BUT, I'm getting there! Just wanted to say 'thanks', and my word, this scenery offering is AMAZING!! I'm SOOOO looking forwards to the Northern half, as I've only got three files left to download from the 1st instalment.

2016-7-15_23-17-0-548copy.jpg

• Upvote 1