Sign in to follow this  
Adam Midkiff

Fuel loading via MCDU

I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere.  I searched, but couldn't find anything.   For some reason, in the past few days, I can not load my fuel via the MCDU on the PMDG 737NGX.  I have always gone in and changed the values and it worked fine.  Now I change the values on the MCDU, but they do not change the values in the actual tank.  I enter 10,600 pounds on the MCDU and it looks correct, but the aircraft still shows 45,700.  I had to go into the FS menu to change the fuel.  Something I have not had to do with this aircraft before.  I have made no changes or updates to anything on this computer before it started doing this.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required in posts here.

Now I change the values on the MCDU, but they do not change the values in the actual tank.  I enter 10,600 pounds on the MCDU and it looks correct, but the aircraft still shows 45,700.

On which CDU (MCDU is Airbus :wink: ) page are you setting the fuel value?

Where are you checking that the aircraft is showing 45,700?

I had to go into the FS menu to change the fuel.

Definitely don't do this. It will cause issues.

Something I have not had to do with this aircraft before.  I have made no changes or updates to anything on this computer before it started doing this.

Likely either a change to your procedure, or you're too close to a default FSX fuel box and it's "refueling" your plane.

Kyle Rodgers

On which CDU (MCDU is Airbus ) page are you setting the fuel value?

Where are you checking that the aircraft is showing 45,700?

Oh yeah. Sorry.   I am looking at the fuel quantity on the main screen

What is this?

KERI_day.jpg

Oh yeah. Sorry.   I am looking at the fuel quantity on the main screen

What "main screen?" The CDU doesn't have a "main screen." Fuel needs to be set on MENU page > FS ACTIONS > FUEL & PAYLOAD.

The name thing is simply adding your name to your posts, by the way. Like mine, below \/ \/ \/

Kyle Rodgers

What "main screen?" The CDU doesn't have a "main screen." Fuel needs to be set on MENU page > FS ACTIONS > FUEL & PAYLOAD.

Sorry.  It is the fuel quantity totalizer on the upper engine display unit.  The fuel entered in the CDU does not match the fuel on the totalizer

Sorry.  It is the fuel quantity totalizer on the upper engine display unit.  The fuel entered in the CDU does not match the fuel on the totalizer

Where are you setting the fuel value? Please specify the exact page.

Kyle Rodgers

Odd that with only 15,000 lbs of fuel the aircraft is only @ 7,000 lbs below MTW, on the CDU screen.  Also, ZFW +45K fuel = @ 167 GW, consistent w/ the 45K lbs of fuel showing on the EICAS (upper center DU) page.

By any chance are you using some addon to fuel/load the aircraft?

Mike

PS: I tried setting the fuel via the FSX menu but the CDU quantity is put back to the amount shown in the CDU as soon as I close the FSX fueling menu.  So even that doesn't mess it up.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irqjtkw94fvivy5/Screenshot%20%282%29.png?dl=0

I am going into the CDU, FS Actions, Fuel page

Looks like you're setting it in the right spot. As Mike mentioned, are you running any external VA programs or programs like FSPassengers that will load the aircraft? Have you manually edited the aircraft.cfg for any reason?

Kyle Rodgers

I have made zero changes to anything on my computer, which is why this is beyond baffling to me.  I use VAFS for my VA, but it does not load the fuel.  I noticed also during this process that my Squawkbox isn't connecting correctly either (but that is a separate website to fix).  I flew the aerosoft Airbus into IAH the other day with no issues; Closed the sim for about an hour, then loaded up fresh with the PMDG 737 and this happened.  Have done nothing to change anything on my computer and it is killing me not knowing how it happened or how to correct.  Thank you guys for trying to help.  I appreciate it greatly. 

What is this?

If you park near the fuel box it will fill the fuel tanks. That will overide any selections in the CDU.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have made zero changes to anything on my computer, which is why this is beyond baffling to me.  I use VAFS for my VA, but it does not load the fuel.  I noticed also during this process that my Squawkbox isn't connecting correctly either (but that is a separate website to fix).  I flew the aerosoft Airbus into IAH the other day with no issues; Closed the sim for about an hour, then loaded up fresh with the PMDG 737 and this happened.  Have done nothing to change anything on my computer and it is killing me not knowing how it happened or how to correct.  Thank you guys for trying to help.  I appreciate it greatly. 

Couple recommendations first:

Dump Squawkbox and go with vPilot. Much easier, more functional, and doesn't have the weird quirks that SB had.

If you don't want to go with vPilot, then I'd definitely suggest running SB externally (not loading from Add-Ons). There's a problem with the in-sim module that can cause a CTD.

Are you absolutely sure you're not parked next to a fuel pad/box/station?

Kyle Rodgers

Members
5 posts

Posted Today, 01:09 PM

I have made zero changes to anything on my computer, which is why this is beyond baffling to me. I use VAFS for my VA, but it does not load the fuel. I noticed also during this process that my Squawkbox isn't connecting correctly either (but that is a separate website to fix). I flew the aerosoft Airbus into IAH the other day with no issues; Closed the sim for about an hour, then loaded up fresh with the PMDG 737 and this happened. Have done nothing to change anything on my computer and it is killing me not knowing how it happened or how to correct. Thank you guys for trying to help. I appreciate it greatly.

Hi, Adam,

Another possibility:  If you keep reusing a particular startup panel state, especially one you created, try eliminating that.  It might have somehow gotten corrupted.  Get rid of any default startup state showing in the CDU menu, let an NGX load (it should load w/ engines running and most everything on).  See if that makes the fuel problem go away.  If it does, create a new startup state from the engines-on/everything running startup state, save it, and make that the new default startup state.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

into IAH
Is this FSDT KIAH?

Are you absolutely sure you're not parked next to a fuel pad/box/station?

I don't know if you and Kevin Hall are joking or not. Can this really happen?