Sign in to follow this  
MikeAR

X-Plane10, Saitek X55 Throttle and IXEG737 problem

Hello and HELP!

I have the Saitek X55 Throttles and Yoke, as well as the Saitek Multi-Panel, Saitek Switch Panel and the Saitek Radio panel, connected.

I have both P3D with the PMDG737NGX and X-Plane10 with the IXEG 737 Classic installed and both simulators work extremely well.

However, the Saitek X55 system works fine with the P3D setup, but not with the X-Plane10 setup, as described below:-

I am having a problem getting the IXEG737's simulated Throttles to respond with the movement on the Saitek X55 Throttles. The strange thing is that the Throttles move OK when the aircraft is Cold and Dark, but as soon as I power the aircraft up for Taxi, the simulated throttles don't move when I move the Saitek Throttles. I can move the Simulator Throttle by the mouse controls, but this defeats the purpose of having the Saitek Throttles. I have looked at the settings and the Saitek throttles respond correctly under 'settings', but when I get the simulator to show the 'Data Input & Output', there is no Data being sent to the simulator from either 'thro1' or 'thro2'.

I have installed the latest Saitek Software and Drivers, thinking that this may have been the problem but it has not helped.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as it is extremely frustrating not being able to fly the brilliant IXEG B737 Classic correctly.

Mike

Hi Mike,

in general it would be a better idea to ask your request for support (or help from fellow users) in the dedicated forums - we don´t really monitor this forum for that.

Here is a thread that might help - but that is also the forum to post such a question in.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/9411-xsaitekpanels-plugin-configuration-request/

Good luck, Jan

I am using the X55 and also the IGEX 737 and I am not having the same issues as you. My throttles are working fine with it.

However, I just recently had an issue where the reverse thrust (which I mapped to a button on the throttle controller) would not disengage. But I haven't had time to troubleshoot it further.

Rob

• Upvote 1

However, I just recently had an issue where the reverse thrust (which I mapped to a button on the throttle controller) would not disengage.

Hmm, let me guess: You are using a 10.50 beta?  This is a bug in the current beta.

• Upvote 1

Hi

I found that if I unplugged (removed the usb connection) for the Multi-Panel, and only have the Switch and Radio Panels connected,  the Throttles on the X55 work fine. Obviously, this means I use the on-screen view Auto pilot controls etc. 

This is not a correct fix, but is (so far) my only solution to get the Throttles to work.

I have just downloaded the profiles from the Saitek Website, so will re-connect the Saitek Multi-panel and see if this has cured the problem for the Throttles.

You mentioned 10.50 beta. Is this for the Saitek and how do I know if I am using this beta version?

Thanks again, Mike

Hello Mike, 10.50 Beta, refers to the X-Plane version. The currently released version is 10.45 and the beta released version is 10.50_rev .

When you start X-Plane up, it displays the current version on your screen on the bottom left-hand corner.

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi

Sorry for my ignorance! I have checked and I am using 10.45. I am using the Steam version 64 bit.

Cheers

Mike

Hello again - been doing some trouble shooting and found that the Auto Throttle toggle on the Saitek Multi-Panel may be causing the problem? I found out that if I turn this switch to 'OFF' on the Saitek Multi-Panel, I can now mirror the movement of  the Simulated display Throttles by moving the Saitek Throttles. 

Turning this switch 'on' or 'off' on the Saitek Multi-Panel does not mirror the switch on the simulator panel display, but moving the switch on the simulator panel display to Auto Throttle on or off, correctly affects the way the simulated Throttles and the Saitek throttles perform when flying the aircraft.

So when using X-Plane and the IXEG B737, I have kept the Saitek Multi-Panel Auto Throttle switch in the permanently 'OFF' position.

This is obviously a switch mapping problem, and if anyone can find out how to map the Saitek Multi-Panel Auto Throttle switch to work, I would be very grateful!

Mike