Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

777 & NGX Minor Prepar3d V3 Updates?

Hi PMDG<

Just wondering if the 777 & NGX will receive any more minor updates for the evolving Prepar3d V3? I have noticed that at least two other prolific developers have had to update their aircraft to be more compatible with the very latest version P3D V3.3.5  and just wondered are PMDG planning any more updates for the above titles for P3D?

Robert mentioned that P3D now has more advanced features and tech that they could utilise and has already mentioned about the 747 V3 getting the benefit of this technology it would be good if it doesn't already have it if the 777 & NGX could be bought up to speed so to speak.

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

I have noticed that at least two other prolific developers have had to update their aircraft to be more compatible with the very latest version P3D V3.3.5  and just wondered are PMDG planning any more updates for the above titles for P3D?

What new functions do the existing aircraft not take advantage of, currently?

Robert mentioned that P3D now has more advanced features and tech that they could utilise and has already mentioned about the 747 V3 getting the benefit of this technology

Yeah, compared to the code developed in the early days of FSX, there's quite a lot for the 747 to be brought up to, which is why it went into a full, ground-up re-development. The reference there was "P3D in general" and not "specific new P3D function in the latest update" I believe.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply I was mainly referring to the fact that some other prolific developers had decided to ensure their product was compliant with the latest version of P3D in terms of performance and making use of the latest PDK.

Both products work well. As I said it was more of a question rather than a request.

Thanks

Duncan

some other prolific developers had decided to ensure their product was compliant with the latest version of P3D in terms of performance and making use of the latest PDK.

Odd question...., are you grouping PMDG in with scenery developers?  While aircraft and scenery do overlap in the SDK as far as modelling and materials those areas have not seen significant changes in a long time. If you are referring to the aircraft container then keep in mind that much of the PMDG product does it's work outside of that container.

There have been changes to the SDK in the scenery area regarding things like z-bias that effected scenery developers but not aircraft products.

Finally, if there is a change to the P3D platform that drives a need for updates to PMDG products then they pretty much have assured compliance through all 3.xx versions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I was indeed referring to actual aircraft addons notably Majestic (who program outside P3D) and FSL Concorde (Again outside in the main)

Thanks for your response.

Blessings

Duncan

I was indeed referring to actual aircraft addons notably Majestic (who program outside P3D) and FSL Concorde (Again outside in the main)

As do we. We've been doing it longer than most, actually.

When it comes to doing a lot of the code work outside of the sim, the one of the reasons one would do so is because the sim itself cannot do it. As such, improvements in the sim are largely irrelevant.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response.

Blessings

Duncan

As Kyle mentioned, so does PMDG.

I don't know why people always think that Majestc was or is the pioneer of this "outside the sim" stuff.

It has been mentioned years ago by PMDG that they have and are already doing this but for some reason it doesn't seem to "stick" in the community and people keep bringing up Majestic.

And of course you know that the fellow who runs FSL used to work for PMDG, so no wonder where he gets the same idea to work outside the sim so to speak.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator