Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Chatter Files Suggestion

Two days ago I reinstalled P2ATC 2.0.13. Everything works except for not hearing any of the chatter files I installed.I am still working on my problem. Started a new subject asking for help but somehow now I can't find my post. Anyway could someone do an in depth video tutorial on the proper way to install and activate all of the chatter files. I know that there some videos on YouTube that touches on the subject but I need the how to deal with the file structure in order to do it correctly. I have noticed several other posts that have had the same problem as I have. P2ATC is a great Project and it's still in it's infancy and growing.

Harry 

Harry,

The easiest way to get it working when using ATCLive.net files is to use a separate file for each controller type.  To do this, you download and store the files where you like.  Then in the setup/config window, choose the Separate Files option, point to the file for each controller using the drop-downs next to each controller's name. 

It should then work for you. 

Tutorials would be a good thing.  I or someone else just needs to find the time.

Regards,

Dave

Dave:

Thanks for responding. I will give that a try. Also I noticed you had a link to RealATC.net. I just finished purchasing as your msg came through. At a great price I might add. $4.95. Discount for P2ATC users. So I will try to install them also. Hopefully they will tell me how to install them. If not I'll contact you for further instructions. BTW P2ATC is evolving into an outstanding software. Keep up the good work. I will keep you posted on how the RealATC files go.

Thanks Again.

Harry 

Hi Dave:

I just downloaded and unzipped the RealATC files but I can't figure out how to set them up to play. They are individual files for Tower, Grd, Dep,etc, etc. P2ATC only  let me key on one single file which is just maybe 10 or 11sec long.  If you need a pic of what they look like let me know and I'll send you what you need.

Thanks again for your help

Harry.

Harry

The RealATC setup is different.  You need to create a Controllers folder under ATC_Chatter and then one folder per controller type under that.  See the user guide on p.73 for the Controllers Folder option.  There a screenshot of the sub folders you need in the Controllers folder.

Dave

Dave:

Thank you. I was just reading that page 73 as your msg came through. I will tackle now.

Thanks Again

Harry

Hi Dave:

I followed the instructions per the user's Guide. Created the folders in the ATC_Chatter folder per instructions. My files that I downloaded from RealATC and unzipped are on another drive on my computer. I have 3 drives C,D, and F. F is where the RealATC Files are. However I can't seem to bring them over to P2ATC in the Sounds section. Any suggestions

on how to proceed beyond this point.

Thanks Again 

Harry

Just copy and paste the files from the corresponding folders to the ATC_Chatter/Controllers folder would be the simplest.

Another option is to set up the sound files on another drive/location and build the entire folder structure from ATC_Chatter on down.  Then point to the new ATC_Chatter folder in the setup/cofig panel.

Regards,

Dave